Which Post-Bacc Option is right for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klmnop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with my decision as to which type of Post-Bacc program is best suited for me.

2009 BSc in Anatomy & Cell Biology at McGill University
3.31 GPA, 3.2 sGPA
2009 MCAT 30Q

Volunteer Exp. = Hospital + Free Clinic
Work Exp. = Sterilization in Hospital (2 summers)
Research Exp. = Research assistant (1 year)
Leadership Exp. = Multiple Fraternity Executive Positions
Shadowing Exp. = Internist + Pediatrician

Applying to medical school right now, completed applications considerably late so I'm hoping for a miracle.

The coursework at McGill was challenging, however with a more focused effort I know I could have handled it better. As it is, in the event I don't get in, which option is best for me to become a better candidate, 1) a 'True' SMP with Med-Course integration, or 2) a non-thesis SMP which are designed to boost GPA

I am from Michigan so based on http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=640302 the only close to home is the Wayne State BMS non-True SMP. Assuming finances and location are not an issue, which style of program is best suited to help me get into medical school and if possible which programs would you recommend.

I am drawn to the idea of taking 1st year medical courses, but I'd like to know if I have a better chance improving my application with a non-true SMP.

Thank you all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.