1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Which PostBacc is right for me

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MeghanMD, May 16, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hi all,
    I am currently a senior at a private university and will graduate with a B.S. in marketing with a minor in psychology in November. I thought I wanted to work in marketing but I hate the thought of working in a regular office environment. I have always loved medicine and planned to do premed when I started school but I was going through serious personal and family issues and the concept of how to be a student hadn't clicked yet.

Now I have a cGPA of 3.42 with an upward trend. I made the deans list last quarter and have a GPA of 3.92 in my major although that doesn't help me for med school at all.

I'm trying to find a good post-bacc program to do my pre-reqs as I don't want to keep going at my current university to do them and I think post-bacc would be a good fit. I've researched tons of post-baccs but I don't know which ones to apply for. I was looking at the University of Colorado because I'm from Colorado-- has anyone heard good things about it?

I'm also looking at Hopkins, Seattle U, and Wash U Stl. Thoughts? Advice??

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. midnight0il

midnight0il 2+ Year Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Post-bac should only be a brief stepping stone so find the cheapest program that has an advisor who's willing to prepare a committee letter for you. That'll probably be your state school.

Aside from maybe a program like Bryn Mawr, which has linkages, there's really no such thing as prestige in post-bac.