Which PostBacc is right for me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeghanMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently a senior at a private university and will graduate with a B.S. in marketing with a minor in psychology in November. I thought I wanted to work in marketing but I hate the thought of working in a regular office environment. I have always loved medicine and planned to do premed when I started school but I was going through serious personal and family issues and the concept of how to be a student hadn't clicked yet.

Now I have a cGPA of 3.42 with an upward trend. I made the deans list last quarter and have a GPA of 3.92 in my major although that doesn't help me for med school at all.

I'm trying to find a good post-bacc program to do my pre-reqs as I don't want to keep going at my current university to do them and I think post-bacc would be a good fit. I've researched tons of post-baccs but I don't know which ones to apply for. I was looking at the University of Colorado because I'm from Colorado-- has anyone heard good things about it?

I'm also looking at Hopkins, Seattle U, and Wash U Stl. Thoughts? Advice??

Members don't see this ad.

Post-bac should only be a brief stepping stone so find the cheapest program that has an advisor who's willing to prepare a committee letter for you. That'll probably be your state school.

Aside from maybe a program like Bryn Mawr, which has linkages, there's really no such thing as prestige in post-bac.