Which Practice tests to take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elektroshok

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey -

Im taking the July 24th test and have taken Kaplans practice tests 1-3 and scored 23,29,29.

I have to take 2 more Kaplan ones for the class and im planning on taking about 2 a week until 5 days or so before the real thing.

How many AAMC ones should i take? Should I stick with more Kaplan or just start taking AAMC after my next two kaplans?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey -

Im taking the July 24th test and have taken Kaplans practice tests 1-3 and scored 23,29,29.

I have to take 2 more Kaplan ones for the class and im planning on taking about 2 a week until 5 days or so before the real thing.

How many AAMC ones should i take? Should I stick with more Kaplan or just start taking AAMC after my next two kaplans?

I would take at least two AAMC practice tests because they are the closest thing to the actual MCAT. Two scores will reflect close to where you are with the Kaplan tests. You can take all of them if you like but I wanted to save some in case I had to take it again. I plan on taking only 4 or 5 all together. I have already done two and I take on Aug 20th.

I would take at least two AAMC practice tests because they are the closest thing to the actual MCAT. Two scores will reflect close to where you are with the Kaplan tests. You can take all of them if you like but I wanted to save some in case I had to take it again. I plan on taking only 4 or 5 all together. I have already done two and I take on Aug 20th.

I would suggest you take ALL of the AAMC's. Since you are taking Kaplan, you have access to all of them. They are much better predictors of your score and better for diagnosis than Kaplan. If you're in a time crunch, as it seems, take at least 8-10

i think its much better to put ur all into it the first time around and utilize all resources as much as possible. dont go into it assuming ull have to retake. if u do, then so be it; use kaplan exams afterwards, or tpr. The more cbts u take, the better understanding u get about how ur doing and wat u need to work on. i suggest u take as many aamcs as possible. because u honestly cant even begin to pinpoint weaknesses until u do at least 3 or 4. :luck:

alright, sounds good.

I have the 2 kaplans i need to take, so ill take those and then take 3 AAMCs before the real one.

so are my 29s on kaplan an indicator whatsoever of where im at.. or is it really just the aamc tests? I have read different things on this site, some saying that its all about aamc and others saying that even though the difficulties and curves are different on both that the scaled score is usually the same between the two (im im getting a 29 on kaplans then i prob get around there on aamc)