Medical Which program should I get a committee letter from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I completed my first bachelor's degree from MIT in 2012.
I completed a post-bac (which resulted in a 2nd bachelor's degree) from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2020.

I will be applying to all the TMDSAS schools and a healthy smattering of mid/low tier MD and DO schools.

Should I get a committee letter from MIT or from UT Dallas? Obviously the "brand" of MIT says a lot, but it's been such a long time since I've been there, that I don't think they would be able to give me a good letter. They do take into account everything I've done at AND after MIT, but I figure UTD would be able to speak more specifically about my RECENT experience.

Thoughts? Leaning towards UTD but want to make sure I'm not missing something!
UTD

Members don't see this ad.

NP.

This also applies to your other letters. Choose writers who know you well and can write a personalized letter that will really place you in the best light.
Agree. Unless there's someone you've kept up with, nothing anyone says about who you were 9 years ago means anything in 2021.

I don't think it matters too much, but I agree, the more recent institution would likely be the better one, especially since I presume it was at UTD where you did most of your prerequisites. Brand-name doesn't really matter but evidence of mentoring would.

Status
Not open for further replies.