Which review book is the best? EK, PR, or Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have Kaplan, Examkrackers, and Princeton Review. I want to know which one is the best. You can also suggest which is better for a particular section.

Members don't see this ad.

I have Kaplan, Examkrackers, and Princeton Review. I want to know which one is the best. You can also suggest which is better for a particular section.

you'll be baffled if you just do a search on this subject... you only need to use the search function for the thread titles...best of luck!:luck:

The best way to figure it out is to study them all and see which one you like the most! I like EK...

I took the Kaplan course last year and it was excellent. My score improved over 10 points. I highly recommend it. But remember, a prep course is worth nothing if you don't keep up with the readings and the homework. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with sexyman. Try them out to see which one you like best. Now for my two cents; I have only EK and PR so i can only compare both. For the PS section, PR wins hands down. I like their "cradle-to-grave" approach. When they pick up a topic, they won't leave it until it's beaten to death. Hence, the increase in the size of their review book. Also, they ask very helpful conceptual questions/prompts as each topic goes along not some stupid one-liner. EK's PS on the other hand, picks up a concept and doesn’t fully give it its due. They kinda leave it hanging. Also their style of writing is not so good. There's not much flow in chapters.

For the Bio, PR went into every detail. Which is good but they failed to give helpful diagrams and illustration. The ones they have are archaic(I have the 2004 version) So basically, it's like reading a textbook without pictures! Very mundane I must say. EK, however, shines here with their colorful diagrams which is very, very good for bio because it lets you see what going in and out.I still studied with TPR for the biology but I had to employ outside sources for diagrams.

I'll have to get back to you about VR.I started with a 10 on the AAMC, then a 9 and now an 8 :scared: ! I think my problem is timing. The consensus here is that EK VR is the best. I may have to get that to work on my timing.

wow what a question to provoke opinions from people!!:)