which school do i have a chance of getting into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianbabigrl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my chances of getting accepted into the professional years

course that i have taken:
Bio 1&2
Chem 1&2
Organic Chem 1&2
University Physics 1
precalculs & Calculus 1
Statistic
Econ(macro)
Speech, humanities, psychology, history , computer
Writing 1 & 2

GPA 3.6
biology major
2nd yr in college

school that i want to go to:
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy
Boston

.Worcester

- Albany College of Pharmacy
of Union University

- Long Island University
Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
and Health Sciences

- St. John's University
College of Pharmacy and
Allied Health Professions

- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
And School of Pharmacy

what are my chances with these school???

Members don't see this ad.

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy-Boston only accepts students applying from high school.

keep up the good work with your gpa. i think you'll be fine.

good gpa. i believe all of what college you get into now depends on your pcat score.

Members don't see this ad :)
asianbabigrl87 said:
my chances of getting accepted into the professional years

course that i have taken:
Bio 1&2
Chem 1&2
Organic Chem 1&2
University Physics 1
precalculs & Calculus 1
Statistic
Econ(macro)
Speech, humanities, psychology, history , computer
Writing 1 & 2

GPA 3.6
biology major
2nd yr in college

school that i want to go to:
Boston

.Worcester

- Albany College of Pharmacy
of Union University

- Long Island University
Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
and Health Sciences

- St. John's University
College of Pharmacy and
Allied Health Professions

- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
And School of Pharmacy

what are my chances with these school???

do you have any experience, volunteer works, how are your test scores and so on........so far you've only given us the info on the gpa........we need to know more to actually answer your question.........

luckycloud5 said:
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy-Boston only accepts students applying from high school.

keep up the good work with your gpa. i think you'll be fine.

I'm fairly sure that this is inaccurate. I thought that the majority of attendees start freshmen year, but that they do accept some "transfers". If I were you I'd call the campus to be certain b4 deciding not to apply.

Good luck:)

pharmforme said:
I'm fairly sure that this is inaccurate. I thought that the majority of attendees start freshmen year, but that they do accept some "transfers". If I were you I'd call the campus to be certain b4 deciding not to apply.

Good luck:)

sorry about that.

well... i have only one year of experience as pharm tech and i dont plan on taking the PCAT. i'm planning on to attending the pharmacy school that accept students into the professional programs .. i donno :confused: sii confusedd

asianbabigrl87 said:
well... i have only one year of experience as pharm tech and i dont plan on taking the PCAT. i'm planning on to attending the pharmacy school that accept students into the professional programs .. i donno :confused: sii confusedd

you usually have to take the PCAT in order for a school to accept you especially to their professional program cause they want to know if you know all you know.

i am sure st. john's requires pcats. there are a couple of schools that don't require you to take pcats to apply like purdue.

The colleges that you just listed will be ridiculously tough to get into...all of them (almost) has a 6 yr. program/direct entry for high school students. So if, for example, 250 out of 270 students made it to the professional phase, then you're talking about ~2500 applicants fighting for the 20 spots remaining. What I'm trying to say is that even though your GPA is very competitive, don't expect to get a quick response from the admissions. You will definitely be on the waiting list, in my opinion. But it'll take weeks, even months, to know if you will get into the program. Again, I'm not saying that you will not make it; you can actually. But be prepared to be extremely patient.
-If you ace the PCAT's, then I wouldn't worry at all. Give it a shot; you might do as well as you thought.

luckyPharmD.stu, since the one that i listed are all hard to get into according to u, then in ur opinion which college is easy? :scared:

I don't want to end your hopes, but honestly, there are no easy schools to get into if you are a transfer student. Try applying somewhere else besides the schools in new york, new jersey, or pennsylvania since too many people are applying there. I strongly suggest that you take the PCAT's; if you do well, then apply to st. johns or albany. I do not know too much about the college in lake erie, so I won't say anything about that. I've heard from other people that MCP is the easiest, so try there.
Places to avoid (b/c it is too hard to get in)- sciences in philadelphia, buffalo, rutgers, pittsburgh, other public schools. Sorry, this is not much of a help...
-please take the pcat test!!!!!

luckyPharmD.stu said:
I don't want to end your hopes, but honestly, there are no easy schools to get into if you are a transfer student. Try applying somewhere else besides the schools in new york, new jersey, or pennsylvania since too many people are applying there. I strongly suggest that you take the PCAT's; if you do well, then apply to st. johns or albany. I do not know too much about the college in lake erie, so I won't say anything about that. I've heard from other people that MCP is the easiest, so try there.
Places to avoid (b/c it is too hard to get in)- sciences in philadelphia, buffalo, rutgers, pittsburgh, other public schools. Sorry, this is not much of a help...
-please take the pcat test!!!!!
sciences in philadelphia has stopped taking transfers
rutgers is hard to get into cause all the indians from that state fight to get in.

i believe pennsylvania is a good state to apply (sorry luckyPharmD.stu)...cause you have temple, university of philadelphia, duquenne, and a couple more since the first pharmacy school was founded in that state.

i heard schools in states like idaho and such are easy to get into

If you want to stay in the tri-state area, I heard there's a new pharmacy school opening this fall in Rochester, NY called St. John Fisher. I don't know how easy it is to get into but I guess it fits the criteria of "easier schools": private and new.

As far as I know St John's is not taking transfer anymore...St John Fisher is worthy to try though

pharmwannebe2 said:
sciences in philadelphia has stopped taking transfers
rutgers is hard to get into cause all the indians from that state fight to get in.

i believe pennsylvania is a good state to apply (sorry luckyPharmD.stu)...cause you have temple, university of philadelphia, duquenne, and a couple more since the first pharmacy school was founded in that state.

i heard schools in states like idaho and such are easy to get into

I have emailed the registarsr regarding he transfer they accept and they have provided a wonderul reply to me showing the stats of the accepted students........and eery year hardly 1-2 students are accpeted as transfers........I would strongly not recomend to apply to USP (even tho there are other univ in PA)

I live here in Rochester, and Wegmans St. John Fisher School of Pharmacy only accepted 50 kids so good luck. I hear it is extremley hard to get into. Im hoping that when I apply they consider that I have been a tech at wegmans.