Which School has the best electives options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaMaya

Pre-Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am wondering about which schools have really good options regarding electives? I know that Belmont has some specialization concentrations you can choose from with electives, and that the specialization is actually printed on your degree certificate. This sounds really neat. What are some other schools that have either additional electives (more elective hours than the 'norm') or other options when pertaining to electives?

Members don't see this ad.

Neat and worthwhile are two completely different things. Ask yourself if you want to select a particular school because of an extra word or two on your diploma. Chances are it's not going to benefit you in any way other than just those few extra words. However, the reputation of the school you choose, the quality of education and the quality of the rounds you will go on for your APPE WILL make a difference.

Neat and worthwhile are two completely different things. Ask yourself if you want to select a particular school because of an extra word or two on your diploma. Chances are it's not going to benefit you in any way other than just those few extra words. However, the reputation of the school you choose, the quality of education and the quality of the rounds you will go on for your APPE WILL make a difference.

The electives are not the decision maker here for me...but merely an additional aspect I am considering in when thinking about which school I want to attend.

It appears you have already chosen your school, so if you can't say anything that actually helps me with my question then please respect that I am just looking at every aspect involved when it comes to looking at my options for school. Thanks. :thumbup:

What areas of pharmacy are you interested in?

I'd check out the electives on the websites of several schools. Then you can ask either here or on the school's SDN websites about the specifics.

I'll be attending UW in Seattle, and several of their electives sound interesting to me. For instance, diabetes education.