Which School is better?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Bobby D, Apr 28, 2000.

1. Bobby D

Bobby D New Member

I have a major dilemma. I'm trying to choose from three medical schools, all of which have their own benefits. The three schools are NYU, Rochester, and University of Maryland. NYU and Rochester are ranked very high, but Maryland is going to be very cheap and convenient for me since I am a Maryland resident. At this point, I'm thinking about general surgery for my residency.

Please send me your ideas.

Thanx

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I think from any of your three choices, getting a general surgical residency won't be too difficult. All three are well-respected hospitals and medical schools, so it's a tough decision.

Ultimately this decision has more to do with your priorities and what you want out of your education. If the money situation bothers you a lot, then head for Maryland. If you're looking for an exciting city (the greatest city on earth), then go for NYU. If you like practicing on cows and other farm animals, go up to Rochester.

My personal pick would be NYU followed by Maryland, by the way. [​IMG]

Tim of New York City.

4. Carbon Klein

Carbon Klein Senior Member

I totally agree with Tim.

NYU is first on my list followed by Maryland (which is a really good school from what I've heard). The lure of Manhattan is just too strong. It's 4 years and despite any misconceptions you have about the workload, you'll find plenty of time to have fun, and Manhattan's the place to have fun!