Which school is on quarter or semester system?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scubadiva

postwhore
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the school calendars, but I must be tired because I can't figure out which schools are on a quarter or year round system and which are on a semester system.

I was particularly wondering between

UHSCOM
AZCOM
CCOM

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

UHS is on a semester system, but since we divide it down by sections it doesn't seem like a semester system. Every section is about 6 weeks long, with a bit more variance in the second year. So you will have about 6 weeks of cardio and get a final grade for cardio, then 6 weeks of respiratory and get a final grade for resp, and so forth. Your final semester GPA will be based on these sections. Hope this makes sense.

AZCOM has three 10-week trimesters

Members don't see this ad :)
CCOM is on quarter system.

thanks!

Does that mean if you're on the three trimester system, that you don't have an extended 2 month break then?

We do have the summer break; we are on quarters, but we've only got three of 'em. Which, I suppose, would technically make us a waltz.

I don't think there's much of a summer break second year, though.

Thanks again!

All I know is that I would hate to be on a year round system like MSUCOM. they only get three weeks off every few months. Yuck!