Which School UNE,DMU,UHS or Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

climber

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for educated responses to a serious question, not just a "my alma mater rocks" response.
I have been accepted to UNE in Maine, Des Moines, UHS in KC, and WUHS COMP. Where would the rest of you
rank these schools and what about residency options afterwards? I would appreciate any help. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a great answer: that depends.

What are you interested in?

How do you learn?

What type of ciriculum (SP) are you looking for?

Don't pick a school just because someone says "oohhh, I loove it here!" Pick a school (you're lucky to have choice) b/c it fits you.

I go to DMU, I'd be happy to field a few questions.

-Terry McNamara
DMU-COMS class of 2004

May I ask how you felt at your respective interviews in terms of interaction with professors/administration/students and just how you felt overall about the day and the school? That played a significant role in my determining which school to attend although I did do my research ahead of time to know what I was getting into. Get a lot of different viewpoints if you can and if you hear something positive/negative mentioned, find out why or try and confirm it yourself. I find this cuts down on some misconceptions from time to time and in the end when I make decisions, I don't look back and regret a whole lot because I did my homework.

Sorry for the vague advice, but I hope something in what I wrote will help. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this thread is old but i am in the same boat and would like to revive it. I am choosing between DMU, UNE, and Western. I am hoping to gain information about residency opportunities, board prep, faculty, etc... And once again please be constructive instead of "MY SCHOOL ROCKS." I am torn between and impressed by each school; hence why I am asking for more information.

I think it's hard for anyone to give you an opinion other than what they know about their school... since majority of us only attended our own school... that being said...
when picking a school, it's good to consider their match list, curriculum etc..
but at the end, it's you and your performance that matters!
so pick a school that you think it's a good match/fit for YOU and excel in it!
Rock the step 1 and it doesn't matter which school you attended...
congrats on getting accepted and best of luck on your future endeavors!