Which school would you grace with your presence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDIZNEY

Grip n Rip
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have some sort of knowledge about these two schools where would you rather go? Indiana University or UNLV? and Why?

Members don't see this ad.

Indiana. The southwest desert sucks.

I'm from the West, and interviewed at UNLV. I don't know anything about Indiana (or care to), but I would have gone to UNLV in a heartbeat.

Although, I'm still happy I'm at VCU.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you not instate for any of them then whichever school accepts you and whichever school you like better.
IU is great school in decent location with PBL and triple jump exams. Usually people hate them but learn to live with them since it is only for first year. Every school has its own problems. IU has long history of producing great clinicians and good reputation here in Midwest. Faculty is great and welcoming. OOS price is outrageous but so are many other schools....
you can go back to archives and see great number of X vs. Y school threads which are not very informative as there are usually very few current students so it is one predent opinion vs another predent's
unless you are talking not about acceptances but about gracing your presence for interview?

Dizney, are you In-state at either school? If so, go to your state school and save cash. Also something to look in to: I heard that at UNLV you can change your residency status to In-state after a year. Maybe see if that would still be an option.

Thanks all for the quick feedback! I had never heard of the Triple Jump Exam until you guys brought it up. I am a nevada resident so the money difference is a big issue. Just wishful thinking hoping i get into both places I interviewed at!

Indiana. The southwest desert sucks.

UNLV. The snowy, cold, flat, mid-western plains suck. :)

jk. how could i talk back to someone with crazy DAT scores like preOMFS?

yeah it depends on what type of curriculum you'd be down with. UNLV is not problem based, but it has an integrated curriculum, and you are thrown into the clinic your first year (something many other schools don't do).