Which school would you pick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school would you pick?

• Penn State

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • RFU

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Wayne State

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Albany

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Scalpellum

SDN Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If accepted to Penn State, RFU, Wayne State, and Albany, which school would you pick? Insight is much appreciated. I have not heard from any of these schools about financial aid packages. I am also from California and don't really have any relatives on the east coast. I believe the facilities at Penn State are far better than the other 3 schools. From what I have heard Penn State has a good reputation. RFU has had accreditation problems but I love their match list (many match into CA residencies). Currently I want to match into a plastics residency program in CA. I know Penn State has a integrated plastics program. Wayne State is having contract negotiation problems between the DMC, the University Physicians Group, and WSU. The class size of Wayne is also around 300 (way too large). I am kind of leaning towards Penn State right now.

Members don't see this ad.

More info is needed here - do you have the financial aid info from any of these schools yet? Do you have friends or family in any of these areas? Did certain things appeal to you at certain schools? I think that the decision is a very personal one, and without any info on your personal situation, it is impossible to make a choice.

I'd choose between Penn State and RFU personally. I think I would LIKE Penn State better, but that is a personal preference, and not related to anything useful about the schools. I've just read so much on these forums about RFU board scores & match lists being really, really great, that it has kind of made an impression on me.