which school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murph

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a juinor, at central Washington University and I want to go to d.o. school. I am a spanish major, and my G.P.A in 3.45. SInce there is no school in the Northwest, and location doesn't really matter, which schools should I apply to. I am taking the mcat in april. I am looking foward to your input. THis is my first post.

Members don't see this ad.

You can go from the Northwest to the Southeast.
Check out NOVA the Spanish degree may come in handy.

AK

Spanish would also come in handy in So. Cal. where Western U/COMP is located. I guess I'll put in my two cents worth and tell you to start looking at what kind of places you'd like to study medicine. Some schools like PCOM and West Virginia are very much in rural areas. Some in fact, emphasize rural care. If large university affiliation is what you want, MSU and UMDNJ fit that mold. Be aware that some schools have preference for their state/region residents. I could go on but you get the idea... Best wishes.

my 2 cents....NYCOM,PCOM,MSUCOM....

I think most will agree that NYCOM has the best OPTI, so 3rd and 4th year are spent in really good places. Also, NYCOM students tend to split about evenly between allopathic and osteopathic residencies and they split about 50-50 between primary care and specilities...spanish will definetly help at many of their hospitals...
Essentially, you have to decide where you want to live for the next 4 years. I know many students who chose NOVA because they wanted to live in Florida and they loved the campus when they visited......anyway, good luck