Which Schools allow Email Updates....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping we can make a list to help everyone out.

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane, Mount Sinai, Chicago, Harvard and UCLA all accept Email updates as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Chicago
2. Dartmouth
3. Harvard
4. Medical College of Wisconsin
5. Mount Sinai
6. Tulane
7. UCLA
8. University of Toledo
9. Wayne State

Just organizing the list.

Anyone know about Tufts, Albany, and NYMC?

Chicago
Dartmouth
Harvard
Medical College of Wisconsin
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State

Chicago
Dartmouth
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts

Chicago
Dartmouth
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts
Weill Cornell
UPenn
WashU

Chicago
Columbia
Dartmouth
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts
Weill Cornell
UCSD
UPenn
UW
WashU

Chicago
Columbia
Dartmouth
GW
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts
Weill Cornell
UCSD
UPenn
UW
WashU

How do you know that email updates are allowed to GW? I was thinking about calling and asking. Also, which email address did you email the update to?

How do you know that email updates are allowed to GW? I was thinking about calling and asking. Also, which email address did you email the update to?

I just gave them a call. They said that I could fax, email or snail mail but that email or fax would probably be best since it's instant...Send the email to [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Chicago
Columbia
Creighton
Dartmouth
GW
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts
Weill Cornell
UCSD
UPenn
UW
WashU

Chicago
Columbia
Creighton
Dartmouth
Georgetown - [email protected]
GW
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts
Weill Cornell
UCSD
UPenn
UW
WashU[/quote]

Anyone know about preferred update methods for NYU, BU, and NYMC?

Just wondering...so update e-mail means letter of interest as well? :oops:

wow... is this thread really happening... every admissions office that i have called has said email updates are fine... so maybe you shoulda started the thread that posts schools that DO NOT allow email updates... but as long as we are on this thread... add Duke

How do people do email updates? I've sent in hardcopy updates, where I can include a copy on transcripts, etc. Basically, is an email update just a verbal update with no real evidence?

How about Rosalind Franklin University?

Rosalind Franklin accepts email updates, but they take forever to let you know that they've put it into your file.

Chicago
Columbia
Creighton
Dartmouth
GW
Harvard
Mount Sinai
Robert Wood Johnson
Rosalind Franklin
SUNY Upstate
Tulane
UCLA
University of Toledo
Wayne State
Tufts
Weill Cornell
UCSD
UPenn
UW
WashU

Albany
Case
Chicago
Columbia
Creighton
Dartmouth
Drew/UCLA
GW
Harvard
Jefferson
Mayo
Mount Sinai
Northwestern
Robert Wood Johnson
Rochester
Rosalind Franklin
SUNY Upstate
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF (post-secondary)
U Hawaii/JABSOM
University of Toledo
UPenn
UW
Vandy
WashU
Wayne State
Weill Cornell
Yale

can we maybe add email addresses to each of these schools too?

For a letter of interest, should you address it to a particular person (pre-interview) like Dean of admissions etc, or can you just say "Dear ___ Admissions Commitee, ..

I can't find the name of the Dean of admissions for a few schools, like NYMC. Also, if you emailed in your letter, did you do it as an attachment, or in the text of the email?

For a letter of interest, should you address it to a particular person (pre-interview) like Dean of admissions etc, or can you just say "Dear ___ Admissions Commitee, ..

I can't find the name of the Dean of admissions for a few schools, like NYMC. Also, if you emailed in your letter, did you do it as an attachment, or in the text of the email?

No attachments. Viruses are bad, and the person on the other end is always suspicious.

maybe it's better we put schools that DON'T accept email updates because most schools probably are okay with it

I emailed everyone of my schools and so far I've received a response from all of them when I added new information on. What's the worst they can do if you do email them?

No attachments. Viruses are bad, and the person on the other end is always suspicious.

when i called UCI about sending a letter of update, the woman i spoke to told me to attach a word document to the email, with the subject line "Update Letter."

also, when i called UCLA, i asked whether they preferred a hard copy or an email, and she told me hard copy.

fwiw though, neither UCI nor UCLA have gotten back to me about whether or not they've received my letters. only UCSD bothered to email me to tell me that they added a copy of my email and my letter to my file.