which schools are the easiest to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering which schools are the easiest to get into. For those of you who got accepted with a low gpa (below 3.0) or know someone who did what school did you get into? Did you have great letters of recs or fantastic pcat scores? I have a 2.7. Which school is willing to give me a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Your numbers are too low for american schools. Go caribbean. Have a good day.

Jack- don't be an as*hole.

Members don't see this ad :)
i doubt that 2.7 is too low for all schools, especially the ones that look more at the pcat scores than gpa.

You should consider your state school, as they usually take in-state residents with lower stats. Not all of them, though.

Call the admissions office/recruiting director of the schools you are interested in and ask them to review your credentials.

Get some experience, do some shadowing, take some more courses to pull up your GPA.

Ask yourself why you have not done well in school so far, and what you need to do to make sure you will be a success from this point forward. Good luck!

All4MyDaughter,

Did you get accepted into Kentucky yet?

All4MyDaughter said:

i think it would be pretty tough to go to graduate school when you have kids, although the pharmacist where i work said a woman in her class had 2 kids and made it through.

I bet at least a qtr. of our class at MWU has families, If not more. It is hard, but we are making it.

If we put a list of all the schools that were easy to get into, everyone and their brother would apply... then that school wouldn't be easy to get into! So I would say, look around and look for schools that are close to you. Apply early! Oh and have a little luck on your side.. :) Good luck! You can do it!

sarahjth said:
If we put a list of all the schools that were easy to get into, everyone and their brother would apply... then that school wouldn't be easy to get into! So I would say, look around and look for schools that are close to you. Apply early! Oh and have a little luck on your side.. :) Good luck! You can do it!
Well let's put it this way... some of us have higher pcat scores than gpa's. Does anyone know of schools that stress high PCAT's over GPA?

ndearwater said:
Well let's put it this way... some of us have higher pcat scores than gpa's. Does anyone know of schools that stress high PCAT's over GPA?

UF only looks at your math/science prerequisite GPA. So if you've kicked butt in these courses, your GPA will look stellar. You'll also need a PCAT over 90 to compete with the other 2,000 students who are applying to this school.

dgroulx said:
UF only looks at your math/science prerequisite GPA. So if you've kicked butt in these courses, your GPA will look stellar. You'll also need a PCAT over 90 to compete with the other 2,000 students who are applying to this school.

So Dana, if I take some classes at USF this fall (ie, Pharmacology, Survey of Human Diseases, Tropical Immunology), they will obviously see these grades, but will they put this in my gpa, or just my chems, bios, a&p, physics grades? I'm trying to decide how heavy of a load to take. Thanks!

jemc2000 said:
So Dana, if I take some classes at USF this fall (ie, Pharmacology, Survey of Human Diseases, Tropical Immunology), they will obviously see these grades, but will they put this in my gpa, or just my chems, bios, a&p, physics grades? I'm trying to decide how heavy of a load to take. Thanks!

No, they won't be put into your GPA. You need to retake physics to up your GPA and also take whatever you need to finish up your bachelors.

dgroulx said:
No, they won't be put into your GPA. You need to retake physics to up your GPA and also take whatever you need to finish up your bachelors.

Got an A in Physics I. Woohoo. Now on to Physics II on Monday.

jemc2000 said:
Got an A in Physics I. Woohoo. Now on to Physics II on Monday.

That's great. Keep it up.