Which schools consider Canadians as OOS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Invalid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
attach.gif
Hi, I apologize if there is a thread about this already but I couldn't find anything.

Anyhow, my application to Canadian schools this year crash and burned. I ended up with only one waitlist (U of T). So naturally, I am preparing for the worst. I decided that it would be prudent for me to apply to American schools for 2009.

So, I was wondering which schools consider Canadians as OOS. I don't want to apply to a school where I would have no chance.

Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.87 (Canadian, I'm not sure what it is in the US)
MCAT: 15/9/13/P

If you guys could give me some schools where I would have a chance that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the border states take Canada as International, but they are still in the same boat at the OOSers.

I think places like Michigan, Vermont, Minnesota etc might, but check the MSAR to be sure.

I imagine that all schools consider Canadians as out of state, considering that they are not in fact residents of that state. Whether you have a chance is another question entirely.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about private schools?

State schools have restrictions on who they accept but private schools don't? My understanding of the schooling system in America is very limited... =\

Yeah, I'd also be interested to know if someone has a list of American schools which take Canadians.

I'm looking for info on schools accepting Canadians, too. Canadians are treated as International students but it's kinda "easier" to get in compared to others because most schools require you either graduate from a US or Canadian undergrad university so unlike most other International students, Canadians don't have to spend a year or two taking courses in the US etc. etc.

Anyways...

This might help: List of US Schools Accepting Canadians :D

I hope you get off the wait list of U of T!