Which schools do you have to travel for clinicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toast861

Carpetbagger
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In reading through the DO school info book put out by the AACOM, I've noticed several schools that indicate that their clinical rotations take place in "a wide variety of clinical setting across the United States". I know that their are also schools like KCOM & ATSU-SOMA that move you to a CHC for your clinicals. I have a wife and two young kids, and so I would ideally like to attend a school that won't be requiring you to travel > 50+ miles and/or move again to do clinical rotations? Is that at all possible, or am I just dreaming? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

In reading through the DO school info book put out by the AACOM, I've noticed several schools that indicate that their clinical rotations take place in "a wide variety of clinical setting across the United States". I know that their are also schools like KCOM & ATSU-SOMA that move you to a CHC for your clinicals. I have a wife and two young kids, and so I would ideally like to attend a school that won't be requiring you to travel > 50+ miles and/or move again to do clinical rotations? Is that at all possible, or am I just dreaming? :xf:

LMU-DCOM put you in rotation area where all your clerkships are within a 60 mile drive unless you choose to do some electives further away. I'm sure others do something similar.

I think for Western you will be able to drive to most of your sites. ...but, i am not positive.

I think for Western you will be able to drive to most of your sites. ...but, i am not positive.

Yea they are all in the so cal area, definitely driving distance. If you go to des moines, you have a 50/50 chance of moving out of state for rotations. Only about half stay in Iowa, the others go to states like Michigan and Ohio.