Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Which schools do you have to travel for clinicals?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by toast861, Jan 6, 2009.

1. toast861

toast861 Carpetbagger
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    In reading through the DO school info book put out by the AACOM, I've noticed several schools that indicate that their clinical rotations take place in "a wide variety of clinical setting across the United States". I know that their are also schools like KCOM & ATSU-SOMA that move you to a CHC for your clinicals. I have a wife and two young kids, and so I would ideally like to attend a school that won't be requiring you to travel > 50+ miles and/or move again to do clinical rotations? Is that at all possible, or am I just dreaming? :xf:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NPEMTIV

NPEMTIV Accidentally Accepted
    Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    LMU-DCOM put you in rotation area where all your clerkships are within a 60 mile drive unless you choose to do some electives further away. I'm sure others do something similar.

4. gobruins2007

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think for Western you will be able to drive to most of your sites. ...but, i am not positive.

5. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Yea they are all in the so cal area, definitely driving distance. If you go to des moines, you have a 50/50 chance of moving out of state for rotations. Only about half stay in Iowa, the others go to states like Michigan and Ohio.