Which schools do you think are the most difficult to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaSasi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know your thoughts on which PT schools you think are the most difficult to get into and why you think so.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools with the cheapest tuition (in state public) and with very few spots.
The easiest to get into schools would be those that are private and accept a lot of applicants.

Are you looking for specific names of schools?

I agree with you !

I think the local public school with the cheapest tuition is the most difficult to get into!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any school on the PTCAS haha. More specifically any ranked state school. This is because tuition is lower 2000+ kids are applying for 30-50 seats and it's easy to fill out so more people are applying to multiple schools. My advice if u are worried about getting in apply to atleast 1-2 schools that are not on ptcas. You'll thank yourself later for not being lazy and filling out another tedious app. Best of luck.

Schools with the cheapest tuition (in state public) and with very few spots.
The easiest to get into schools would be those that are private and accept a lot of applicants.

Are you looking for specific names of schools?

I would REALLY love to go to University of Washington. I was looking over the numbers thread, and it looked like some applicants with very competitive GPAs, extra-currics were denied admission.

Anyone know anything about UW admission?

UW is very competitive to get into. They accept 40 students a year into the program. They don't required an interview, so your admission is based on your application from PTCAS. I heard from a friend of mine that just graduated from the program. She said that application essays are really important.

I got accepted into the UW program, but decided to go to a different school because of cheaper tuition and cost of living. UW was my top choice school.