Which schools don't have secondaries? Or have really brief ones?

ronaldo23

The Truth
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
So, I'm not sure if this has been done on SDN. I imagine there is a thread somewhere, but I have not been able to find one through a search. If someone knows of one, please point it out

I imagine that all schools will have a "secondary", even if there is no essays, just to collect fees. But I was thinking it would be a good idea for class of 2015 applicants to compile a list of all the schools that don't have secondary essays, or ones that are very brief. For example, the jefferson secondary is 500 characters and optional, meant for people to explain deficiencies/special circumstances in apps.

Dude Man Bro Man

5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
The University of Rochester secondary had no essays, only a few basic informational yes or no questions. If, however, you are granted an interview, you have two short questions to answer:

1. What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education at Rochester?
2. Currently, knowing you may change your mind, what medical career pathway (academic, private practice, specialty area) are you considering, and what factors have contributed to your choice?

metallica81788

Keeper of the Llamaworm
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SLU - optional essay part
Vermont - same, I think
Emory - has two 100 word questions

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
great thread :thumbup: probably can be resolved with searches, but this would be convenient for us

mwalker394

Person
Feb 8, 2010
Status
Medical Student
The University of South Alabama comes to mind. I believe I just had to tell them which pre-reqs I was still working on and let them know if I didn't fulfill any of the technical requirements med schools have.

Sweetpea MD

nap time!
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
I didn't end up applying but Penn State has 3 or 4 questions and you have to give responses to each that are no more than 50 words a piece.

GoSpursGo

Allons-y!
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Several Texas schools (though you have to do the whole separate TMDSAS, so +/- on the convenience): UTMB-Galveston, UT-Houston, UT-San Antonio, Texas Tech-El Paso (unless it's changed)

tremulousNeedle

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
medical college of wisconsin - no essays