Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which schools favor military applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WHOOP8002, May 27, 2002.

1. WHOOP8002

WHOOP8002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am applying for a military scholarship to pay for med. school. I was just wondering if there are any schools out there that like military applicants. Also, are there any schools that dislike military applicants. Of course, many of them won't even care.

2. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I will be starting med school on an HPSP scholarship in August. It has been my experience that most schools don't really care. They're going to get your money whether it comes from the US military or from your student loans. Some schools, though, do include info about HPSP in their financial aid handouts, so its possible that these schools may simply know more about the program. But honestly, I think the vast majority of schools probably don't much care.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Explosivo

Explosivo blah!
    15+ Year Member

I'm not sure if any give preference but I do hear George Washington Med has a significant number of HPSP students but that may just be a result of their high price tag since Uncle Sam will be footing the bil.