which schools have entry-level MOT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOTstudent

enthusiastic new member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, which schools offer entry-level MOT programs?

I only know of LLU (I'm attending in June), but I have a friend who was NOT accepted to the LLU program and does not hold a Bachelors. What other schools could she apply for? I know it's pretty late to be applying for this year, but just curious. I hate that she has to wait an entire year to reapply.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, which schools offer entry-level MOT programs?

I only know of LLU (I'm attending in June), but I have a friend who was NOT accepted to the LLU program and does not hold a Bachelors. What other schools could she apply for? I know it's pretty late to be applying for this year, but just curious. I hate that she has to wait an entire year to reapply.

from what i understand, unless you have a bachelor's (or graduating with one in 2010), you cannot apply for the entry level MOT or MSOT for this cycle. your friend would need to look into BS/MOT combined programs or complete their bachelors and then apply to a MOT/MSOT program. if she is certain OT is the profession for her, then i strongly suggest the combined BS/MOT route (saves time). some programs that i can think of off the top of my head are SJSU and USC. you can also check the aota website under students to find others.

hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for answering.
I know the program at LLU allows juniors to apply for the entry-level MOT, with no bachelors (I'm a senior attending with no previous bachelors).

I'll check out the AOTA website.