Which schools place emphasis on the last 60/90 credit hours?

Jul 13, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello,
I am trying to find a list of schools that place emphasis on the last 60/90 credit hour for GPA calculation (if such a school exists...).
I have seen at least one school that places emphasis on the last 120, but I am wondering if there are any schools that place emphasis on the last 60/90 credit hours.
Thanks!

theseeker4

PGY 3
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2011
Suburban Detroit, MI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello,
I am trying to find a list of schools that place emphasis on the last 60/90 credit hour for GPA calculation (if such a school exists...).
I have seen at least one school that places emphasis on the last 120, but I am wondering if there are any schools that place emphasis on the last 60/90 credit hours.
Thanks!
Wayne State will consider a post Bach consisting of science courses for purposes of admission if a total GPA is poor. I think it is like 24 or 30 minimum credits for them to consider just the post Bach GPA.

OP
NCOldie
Jul 13, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Wayne State will consider a post Bach consisting of science courses for purposes of admission if a total GPA is poor. I think it is like 24 or 30 minimum credits for them to consider just the post Bach GPA.
Is this for a formal one or can it be informal? Thank you for the information! :)

Chip N Sawbones

Ship's Carpenter
7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2011
62 degrees North
Status
Non-Student
University of Washington has a formula in which freshman grades count for one point, sophomore grades for two points, and junior grades for three points. This is combined with the MCAT score to give the minimum cutoff for considering applicants. I don't know if they use the same formula throughout the admission process, but it doesn't really matter, since they only take a handful of OOS applicants with perfect stats and a proven interest in rural medicine.

OP
NCOldie
Jul 13, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe Duke or WashU.
Interesting. I didn't think about Duke. I looked through their site after I read your comment. I couldn't find where they specifically said they would focus only on the last 60/90 credit hours, but it does have a feel of "we focus on the entire application" than certain cutoffs. Although, in the FAQ section, it did state that past classes had between a 3.7/4.0 range in GPA. I wonder if anyone's GPA was calculated from the last 60 or 90? I also saw that they have accepted a 23 MCAT applicant! I would like to know what else that person had on their application.