1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

which schools read prim app before sending secondary

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by vdubpower, Sep 20, 2000.

1. vdubpower

vdubpower Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

whhaazzup every one

does anyone know which DO schools actully look at your primary app before sending your a secondary. I applied to , well all 18 schools through aacomas, and so far only got a secondary from kirksville. what else have everyone else gotten. thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pikevillemedstudent

Pikevillemedstudent Bengals Fan
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Actually there are 19 DO schools. Anyway, I know WVSOM screens primary applications. And I think Pikeville does also but I am not sure about that. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DrStacey69

DrStacey69 Member
    10+ Year Member

NYCOM does. In fact, they don't send you a secondary application at all - if you are invited for an interview you fill out the secondary application while you're there. I think more schools should adopt this practice; at least this way you aren't paying all that money for secondary applications to schools who really aren't interested!

4. kidterrific

kidterrific Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

One of the two DO schools in California screens primary apps (but makes you shell out 100 clams for the secondary). I know that WVSOM, and the NY one also screen. And I'm thinking that MSU-COM does, too (but could be wrong on that one).

------------------
    --
    KidT
    [email protected]