Which Schools require a committee letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SonhosDaVida

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you tried using MSAR? It's usually explicitly stated on MSAR or posted on the school's site. The number of schools is really too extensive to list. Sorry to be an a-hole.

But usually, they want a committee letter if your school has one and if your school doesn't then they list the acceptable letters that they will accept instead.

Not explicitly answering your question, but if your school has a premed committee and you don't get a letter from them I feel like there should be a damn good reason why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not explicitly answering your question, but if your school has a premed committee and you don't get a letter from them I feel like there should be a damn good reason why.

And some schools (Emory comes to mind) will ask you to explain why you didn't use a committee letter, if your school offers them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I have no premed committee at my school, so I was wondering. I won't be applying until next year so I won't invest in the MSAR as of now. I was just wondering what letters are usually acceptable in place of the committee letter? Ex: another faculty letter or can a research letter do it?

It ~depends~ on the school.

In order for us to find out we would have to look at each schools website that you're applying to and then tell you.

Short answer to your question is to get 2 science letter and 1 non science.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile