meadow36

UF CVM 2013
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Status
Veterinary Student
I got an e-mail from Minnesota saying NOT to send fall grades; they request final transcripts from accepted people only. I was wondering if anyone wanted to post any other information on this subject and if you happen to know due dates for fall transcripts from other schools post here!!!

feadog

10+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
Status
Veterinarian
So far, I've been able to find the following mainly from school websites and the AAVMC requirements pages:

Iowa State: Postmarked by 2/1

Mississippi State: Received by 1/15

PEI: Due by 1/1, along with a list of spring courses (if applicable). I can't remember now if that's "Arrived by" or "Postmarked by," but the list of applicants will go from the registrar to the vet school on Jan. 15th (from an e-mail).

UPenn: As soon as possible.

Washington State: Received by 1/15

I can't find dates for Cornell, Kansas State, or UTK.

Skillet9886

UFCVM c/o 2013!
10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I know UF requires fall transcripts to be sent. From their website:

Fall semester transcripts must be received in the University of Florida Office for Students and Instruction by early January.

I'm sending my fall transcripts to every school I applied to. I figure if they don't want them they can get rid of them. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

About the Ads

hopefulvet21

Edinburgh c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2008
Status
Veterinary Student
Tufts just said to send them as soon as they are available.

rachroo

OSU CVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Status
Veterinary Student
I'm sending my fall transcripts to every school I applied to. I figure if they don't want them they can get rid of them. Better to have and not need than need and not have.
Although, some of the schools I applied to specifically ask you NOT to send them....I guess it depends on each individual school though.

karmapple

OSU CVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2007
Columbus, OH
Status
Veterinary Student
I was wondering this as well.

Texas A&M is the only school that sent me a letter that specifically stated the need for fall transcripts and when.

I just assumed I would send them out everywhere since I hadn't ever heard not to. I figure its better they receive a transcript and throw it in the trash than require a transcript, not get it, and then throw my application in the trash!

Malhi

UW-Madison SVM 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2008
Status
Veterinary Student
UIUC - Final fall transcripts are not due until February 1, 2009
Haven't checked the others yet.

twelvetigers

stabby cat
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
TTown
Status
Veterinarian
Pretty sure that OKState wants them, but unsure of a due date. Not much help, huh? :)

efab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2007
Status
Veterinarian
Decision letters mailed in January - don't think they'll be considering fall 2008 transcripts.

FROM COLORADO WEBSITE:

Fall 2008 grades must be received in the Office of the Dean at Colorado State University by January 5, 2009, to be considered with the application. If it seems likely that your fall transcripts may not arrive by this date, you may fax your fall unofficial grades to 970-491-2250 as soon as you know them. Please list the name and prefix of the courses, credits (semester or quarter) and grade. Official fall transcripts will be required to document emailed grades prior to an offer of admission. If admitted, applicants must send official spring 2009 transcripts, including all required courses, directly to the Office of the Dean at CSU by July 15, 2009.

WSU:
only requires a fall 2008 transcript if one is granted an interview. interview invitations for california residents will more than likely be presented by 1/7/09.

UCDavis:
requires that you send an official copy as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Jezz1226

10+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I know LSU requires them, I got an e-mail from them the other day reminding me of this. They need to receive them by 1-15.
I'm doing as others on here and just sending them out to all the schools, of the 4 I've applied to I know for sure 2 of them want them (UF and LSU) and figure its better to send them when there not wanted than the other way around.

About the Ads