Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which schools require fall grades and when they are due

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by meadow36, Dec 11, 2008.

1. meadow36

meadow36 UF CVM 2013
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I got an e-mail from Minnesota saying NOT to send fall grades; they request final transcripts from accepted people only. I was wondering if anyone wanted to post any other information on this subject and if you happen to know due dates for fall transcripts from other schools post here!!!

2. feadog

10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    So far, I've been able to find the following mainly from school websites and the AAVMC requirements pages:

Iowa State: Postmarked by 2/1

Mississippi State: Received by 1/15

PEI: Due by 1/1, along with a list of spring courses (if applicable). I can't remember now if that's "Arrived by" or "Postmarked by," but the list of applicants will go from the registrar to the vet school on Jan. 15th (from an e-mail).

UPenn: As soon as possible.

Washington State: Received by 1/15

I can't find dates for Cornell, Kansas State, or UTK.

3. Skillet9886

Skillet9886 UFCVM c/o 2013!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I know UF requires fall transcripts to be sent. From their website:

Fall semester transcripts must be received in the University of Florida Office for Students and Instruction by early January.

I'm sending my fall transcripts to every school I applied to. I figure if they don't want them they can get rid of them. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

4. hopefulvet21

hopefulvet21 Edinburgh c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Tufts just said to send them as soon as they are available.

5. rachroo

rachroo OSU CVM c/o 2013
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Although, some of the schools I applied to specifically ask you NOT to send them....I guess it depends on each individual school though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. karmapple

karmapple OSU CVM c/o 2013
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I was wondering this as well.

Texas A&M is the only school that sent me a letter that specifically stated the need for fall transcripts and when.

I just assumed I would send them out everywhere since I hadn't ever heard not to. I figure its better they receive a transcript and throw it in the trash than require a transcript, not get it, and then throw my application in the trash!

7. Malhi

Malhi UW-Madison SVM 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    UIUC - Final fall transcripts are not due until February 1, 2009
    Haven't checked the others yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat
    Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Pretty sure that OKState wants them, but unsure of a due date. Not much help, huh? :)

9. efab

5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Decision letters mailed in January - don't think they'll be considering fall 2008 transcripts.

FROM COLORADO WEBSITE:

Fall 2008 grades must be received in the Office of the Dean at Colorado State University by January 5, 2009, to be considered with the application. If it seems likely that your fall transcripts may not arrive by this date, you may fax your fall unofficial grades to 970-491-2250 as soon as you know them. Please list the name and prefix of the courses, credits (semester or quarter) and grade. Official fall transcripts will be required to document emailed grades prior to an offer of admission. If admitted, applicants must send official spring 2009 transcripts, including all required courses, directly to the Office of the Dean at CSU by July 15, 2009.

WSU:
    only requires a fall 2008 transcript if one is granted an interview. interview invitations for california residents will more than likely be presented by 1/7/09.

UCDavis:
    requires that you send an official copy as soon as possible.

#9 efab, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  10. Jezz1226

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I know LSU requires them, I got an e-mail from them the other day reminding me of this. They need to receive them by 1-15.
    I'm doing as others on here and just sending them out to all the schools, of the 4 I've applied to I know for sure 2 of them want them (UF and LSU) and figure its better to send them when there not wanted than the other way around.