Which schools to apply and how?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a US student interested in applying to foreign schools. I was wondering what schools there are out there in Oz and what the application cycle is like?

How do you apply to those? What's the best option?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't want to be one of those "use the search button" jerks...but come on.

Anyways...there are LOTS of schoosl in Australia. the bigger schools such as Sydney, ANU, Melbourne, Flinders, UQ are what attract most people.
Canadians have the option of applying through Ozztrek, I'm sure Americans have a similar if not the same program. AustraLearn is another such company, I'm not sure if they are restricted to Canadian/US applicants or not...contact them.

Go to wikipedia...search medical schools...find aussie schools and then go to each website and see whether it's for you. Look at the website www.medinoz.com and read the whole thing. it's written by current SDNers who went/are in Australia for med school.

It nicely summarizes each school by pros/cons, price, gpa reqs, mcat reqs, interview reqs, etc.

Look at the website www.medinoz.com and read the whole thing. it's written by current SDNers who went/are in Australia for med school.

It nicely summarizes each school by pros/cons, price, gpa reqs, mcat reqs, interview reqs, etc.

I agree with rayjay's sentiments, except I'd say that while medinoz is a good resource in general, the claimed pros/cons of the schools in particular is crap and needs serious re-working to reflect reality.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I can't comment on the pros/cons list since I'm not a student in Australia yet. However in terms of laying down admissions requirements and cost, I found it to be a great bases off which to base my own opinions/follow up with research.

I agree with rayjay's sentiments, except I'd say that while medinoz is a good resource in general, the claimed pros/cons of the schools in particular is crap and needs serious re-working to reflect reality.

I have to agree with this comment. The pros/cons section is rather....biased, in a sense. However, the author does acknowledge it throughout the section.

is it too late to apply for january/feb 2011 class? if not, what schools are still accepting application?