which schools won't give out interviews without casper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superfluous94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took casper a couple days ago, but i don't think the scores will reach schools i've sent them to (around 7) until august 23rd or so. i'll have all my letters and secondaries in to every school i've applied to by august 9th or 10th. are there any schools that won't review your application without a casper score? i know tulane, western virginia, and NYMC will still review your app without the score.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that they will begin to evaluate your application without Casper. However, that does not mean it will be reviewed by an adcom for potential II without it being part of your file

thanks, Gonnif. So out of the 30 schools im applying to, 7 require casper. should i just go ahead and submit everything (letters and secondaries) by my plan of August 8th still and have the schools that need casper get it on August 23rd or so (to be considered complete at the 7 casper schools)? or should i just submit the 23 schools on my list that don't require casper and finish them by august 8th, and then do the casper schools by august 23rd (the date that those schools get my casper results).

Also, is august 23rd still considered good timing for the schools that require casper? i know i read a timeline you made, but can't seem to remember if August 23rd is still fine to be complete.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont wait for Casper for the schools. some of these schools will start evaluating prior to Casper.

ok will do. so if i'm complete by august 23rd to the casper schools, would that still be relatively early? i'll submit my secondaries and letters to them by august 8th. they won't have my scores until august 20th - 23rd (if casper takes a month to send).

i also realized that western virginia and tulane will send out interviews without casper scores, so in reality it's only around 3 scores where my application won't be reviewed with casper.

Last edited:
ok will do. so if i'm complete by august 23rd to the casper schools, would that still be relatively early? i'll submit my secondaries and letters to them by august 8th. they won't have my scores until august 20th - 23rd (if casper takes a month to send).

i also realized that western virginia and tulane will send out interviews without casper scores, so in reality it's only around 3 scores where my application won't be reviewed with casper.

that timeline should be fine.
also it's west virginia, not western virginia. it's not in virginia.

What is casper?

CASPer® for Medical School Admissions: What to Expect and How to Prepare - Student Doctor Network

Reactions: 1 user
I called Rosy Franklin and you will NOT be reviewed until you are complete, which includes the CASPer exam results.

Vermont, Loyola, NYMC...

Those are first ones off the top of my head. There are more, and there's a thread out here somewhere!