1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which sections of the old MCAT FL is safe to use for practice for new MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by radioactive15, Jul 30, 2015.

1. radioactive15

2+ Year Member

my friend has the 9 old AAmC FL that she bought from AaMC and said I could use them to study.

Which sections from the old MCAT are helpful to study for the new one with? I'm thinking the verbal section should be good practice for cars and maybe also the bio section.

Does anyone know if the physical sciences section is also good practice for the new MCAt physical section? (Without the centripetal acc, momentum questions)

2. studentdocftw

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't see why not. As long as you are doing relevant passages...it's good practice. Verbal should be the same...Biological sciences and Physical sciences are similar +/- a few topics. Biochemistry is a huge loss tho...but I would still do passages for Bio, Physics, and Verbal as those should be about the same. You'll be missing out on Biochem, Psych, and Soc...but practice is practice.

3. Dr. Trenb

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    All are helpful, MCAT content and way its written has not deviated much. They just added more to it.

#3 Dr. Trenb, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    BerkReviewTeach likes this.
  4. BerkReviewTeach

BerkReviewTeach Company Rep & Bad Singer
    Vendor 10+ Year Member

Exactly what Dr. Trenb said, X2.