Which SHPEP site(s) is/are more focused on reviewing science curriculum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoraM23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ! For those of you who are currently attending SHPEP (or for those of you who attended the SHPEP in the past), which SHPEP sites are more focused on reviewing science curriculum? Please provide the list of available courses if possible. And how many courses an attendee can take?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys ! For those of you who are currently attending SHPEP (or for those of you who attended the SHPEP in the past), which SHPEP sites are more focused on reviewing science curriculum? Please provide the list of available courses if possible. And how many courses an attendee can take?
Well, I can't speak for the other sites, but I attend the shpep program in Omaha. we had 3 hours of science classes during the mornings(Monday - Thursday). each week was a different subject. Biostatistics and Epidemiology, biomedical, physics, and chemistry. But some classes were not reviews. I would say it was more of showing us how that subject can be applied to the healthcare field. And for ur last question, everyone took the same courses, at the same time; we did not get to pick which class we took.

I did SHPEP at Columbia. We were enrolled only in 2 science courses, and it is dependent on your transcript. So they see which courses you've already taken, so they don't put you in them. Then they see the courses that you're taking the upcoming fall and place you in that. And you have that class monday-thursday in the mornings. So its basically like a summer class; there's quizzes and exams and you learn a lot of info at a fast pace. It's basically so that when you take the course in the fall at your home institution, you'll have exposure to the material and do better than your peers and boost your GPA. I did orgo and anatomy/physiology.

The columbia site offers those two classes, as well as biochem, stats, pysch, physics, and gen chem

Reactions: 1 user
I did SHPEP at the University of Washington. We took a Chem or O-Chem, Biology, Physics, bio statistics, and population health. I am an ambassador for this year, feel free to message me with questions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile