Which SMPs guarantee interviews at their med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvmed&ba6eekh

ba6eekh = watermelon
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that SMP's no longer guarantee admission into their med school anymore, but which SMP's still actually promise an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that SMP's no longer guarantee admission into their med school anymore, but which SMP's still actually promise an interview?

I don't know about other post-baccs, but Drexel guarantees an interview to people satisfactorily completing their IMS program. The requirements are as follows:

-You must have a total score of a 27 or better on the MCAT. No section can be less than an 8. However, you can only have 1 section that is an 8 if you have one at all.
-You must get a B or better in your first semester of Medical Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, and Microanatomy. If you get a B- or worse you do NOT receive a guaranteed interview.
-You must take the elective courses: Medical Immunology and Medical Nutrition. You do not receive final grades in those classes until February, so they do not make or break you getting the interview in the first place, but you will have the grades before the interview takes place, so your interviewer will be able to see them.
-You must apply to Drexel through AMCAS.

PM me if you have any questions.