Which states are Fast/Slow to give NAPLEX ATT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which states are known to be fast or slow when giving a NAPLEX authorization to test?

Members don't see this ad.

Went to pharmacy school and also live in PA. According to my school, PA is one of the fastest because your school can send info saying you will graduate that year and the PA State Board will start processing your application so when its graduation day you will get your ATT. Some people in my class got their ATTs right after graduation.

So can I get an intern license in PA and have my out-of-state school send them graduation information? I want to get licensed ASAP!

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on your school. My school doesn't send authorization of graduation until you have completed your last rotation. So, for example, because I scheduled my last rotation (of 8) off, I got my ATT earlier than some of my classmates than took earlier rotations off.

Overall, Idaho is pretty fast at ATT though. Had mine the day after graduation and got licensed at the end of June. One classmate got licensed the first week in June, I thought that was impressive.

I don't believe you need an intern license in PA to apply for your license but yes you can send in the application and have your school send in the information that you will graduate. Our school sent the forms in for us around March so the state could start processing our applications (There's 7 Pharmacy schools in PA...) I'm still waiting for my license because I took my NAPLEX late, but I did get my ATT pretty fast.

When my paperwork was all said and done I had my ATT and ability to schedule NAPLEX within 3 days of registering for the exam on NABP. I'm in TN

I don't believe you need an intern license in PA to apply for your license but yes you can send in the application and have your school send in the information that you will graduate. Our school sent the forms in for us around March so the state could start processing our applications (There's 7 Pharmacy schools in PA...) I'm still waiting for my license because I took my NAPLEX late, but I did get my ATT pretty fast.

Actually just got my license today LOL