Which student is more prone to burn-out: Dental or Medical?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Which student is more prone to burn-out: Dental or Medical?

• Dental Student

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Medical Student

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • About the Same

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters
About the Ads

Zurich5

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2002
Hoosierville
Visit site
Status
My vote goes to whoever takes the larger amount of drugs. If by burnout you mean that?

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Again, what is the constant obsession with comparison to med students? You think over in their forum they constantly compare themselves to us. Uh, no :rolleyes:

scandalouslj

Upenn Class of 2007
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2003
IN
Visit site
Status
Depends when you are talking about, def us during the first 2 years with things like GRD lab, but then they make it up in residency being on call for like 20 hours.

StarGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2001
Visit site
Status
i can't speak for any other school, but definately dental students at Columbia... we're in their [medical] basic science classes then we have a trillion other dental classes...and exams in b/n those classes we share... but either way, somehow you manage to get thru it.... :sleep:

W

Woodsy

I think it is the individual. Some people are more likely to burn out than others under stress.

Both are just as stressful.

About the Ads