Which student is more prone to burn-out: Dental or Medical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

• Dental Student

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Medical Student

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • About the Same

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Both will burnout without proper time management skills

Members don't see this ad :)
super gunners who do not have social life outside of the school

My vote goes to whoever takes the larger amount of drugs. If by burnout you mean that?

Again, what is the constant obsession with comparison to med students? You think over in their forum they constantly compare themselves to us. Uh, no :rolleyes:

Depends when you are talking about, def us during the first 2 years with things like GRD lab, but then they make it up in residency being on call for like 20 hours.

Originally posted by scandalouslj
Depends when you are talking about, def us during the first 2 years with things like GRD lab, but then they make it up in residency being on call for like 20 hours.

true

i can't speak for any other school, but definately dental students at Columbia... we're in their [medical] basic science classes then we have a trillion other dental classes...and exams in b/n those classes we share... but either way, somehow you manage to get thru it.... :sleep:

I think it is the individual. Some people are more likely to burn out than others under stress.

Both are just as stressful.