Which type of physio class to take? (human or animal)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontistwannabe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN'ers, while I am planing for my Fall class schedule, I am kinda having a conflict with which type of physiology class to take this Fall. One class is an intro to human physiology class with lab but it's a lower division class (btw, I'm going to be a senior student this Fall), so I don't know how this may be viewed when the dental school reps see the transcript (I heard that the reps like to see you taking upper div science classes in especially senior year). Another class is an upper division class but it's a comparative animal physiology class. Although this class is usually for pre-vet ppl, it is still some type of physiology class and the professor gives an amazing recommendation letter so it's a popular class... Saying that, I do not really know if the dental school would care whether I take human physio or not and if they will view negatively if I take the animal physio instead of lower-div human physio for my senior year. All comments are appreciated & thank u in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

All things said and done, it probably makes no difference which class you take. I'd personally go for the more challenging course.

Reactions: 1 user
All things said and done, it probably makes no difference which class you take. I'd personally go for the more challenging course.
.. Said no one ever

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry I know this is off topic but I've been itching to ask, are those your teeth?

And OP, I'd agree that it makes no difference. I doubt schools would have time to look at the names for every single class every single applicant has taken. As long as it meets requirements you should be good to go, plus as you said there's potential for a good LOR!

Saying that, I do not really know if the dental school would care whether I take human physio or not and if they will view negatively if I take the animal physio instead of lower-div human physio for my senior year.

They will most likely look favorably upon either course if you perform well. Dental schools have plenty of applications to go through; they won't have time to stop and assess your coursework that closely. Take the pre-requisites and any recommended courses you choose, and keep a high cGPA/sGPA.

I'd take the easier A as long as they both fulfill the requirement

Go for an easy A. I want to be that only senior in a 101 class with a bunch of freshmen just to piss everyone off

If you haven't taken the DAT then take human physiology. You will save a lot of time not having to study that on the DAT. I feel as though that is the most profound.