Which UC school has the best Medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AxelLopez

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking between UC Irvine medical school or UCLA medical school. Another question of mine would be if you attend UC Irvine for your undergrad will you have a higher chance in getting in to they're Medical school. There more Medical school i'm looking into, UC Irvine and UCLA would be my favorit schools. Mainly UC Irvine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Dont worry about that now, just focus on doing well in classes and killing the MCAT. When the time comes to apply don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apply broadly and go where you get in. But yes, from what I saw on interview day UCI is a solid institution. Not about that UC comparison game though, they are all very good schools.

Most people would say it would be in this order:

UCSF > UCLA >> UCSD >>>> UCI = UCD > UCR of the UCs.

As for better chance, its really hard to say. UC medical schools are all really competitive.

Reactions: 1 users
UCI has higher undergrad bias than UCLA, I believe, but it's not really worth going to a school you like less because of a boost that probably won't make a huge difference.