Nov 16, 2010
Status
Hi All Dental Veterans,
I would be really obliged to have all your opinions about my question.
I got a score of 82 percentile NBDE part 1 in 2008. Now since the rule change I dont' think I can give NBDE Part 1 again. I live in Minnesota and have applied to UMN & Wisconsin the last 2 years without any luck. :(
Can you please suggest me other colleges I should apply to where I stand a chance ? I am willing to relocate to anywhere in the US.
Really appreciate your inputs on this.
Also if anybody from Minnesota has voluntary experience, can you please let me know where to look for these kind of positions.

Nov 30, 2009
Status
Non-Student
Hi All Dental Veterans,
I got a score of 82 percentile NBDE part 1 in 2008. Now since the rule change I dont' think I can give NBDE Part 1 again. I live in Minnesota and have applied to UMN & Wisconsin the last 2 years without any luck. :(
Can you please suggest me other colleges I should apply to where I stand a chance ? I am willing to relocate to anywhere in the US.
Also if anybody from Minnesota has voluntary experience, can you please let me know where to look for these kind of positions.
You can apply to nyu as it has good no. of seats (125 not sure). you should look free clinic or community clinics of your area & ask them if they have volunteer opportunity in dental department.......

Dec 4, 2009
Status
Dental Student
If you took ur NBDE part 1 in 2008, I think you can retake it again.
ADA mentions that only those candidates who took their exam beginning Jan 2010 and getting above 75 cannot retake the exam.
You may try and improve your part 1 score or take part 2 and then apply!

Venkatcpp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status
Hi All Dental Veterans,

Hi
I suggest please check if u can retake the nbde1 else, do ur nbde2, apply to colleges which require part2 meanwhile start observing at the nearby clinics...improve ur resume, keep applying dont give up.:)

goodluck