Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Which Verbal section was the best indicator of real MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Archdelux, May 13, 2008.

1. Archdelux

Archdelux Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2006
    I was wondering if you guys who have taken the mcat already can tell me which verbal section (ie which test in either Kaplan or AAMC) seemed to be the best indicator of the difficulty, scaled scoring and style of the verbal section on the real mcat.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DrJD

DrJD Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Seemed to me that the verbal section on mine was way harder than any of the other ones. Score wise they seemed on par, but my verbal on test day was HARD... Weird passages that didn't seem to have a place in a verbal section... Sorry I know that isn't helpful, but I think that all of the AAMC practice tests give a good indication.... Kaplan does not...
  4. supafield

supafield Dream Big 7+ Year Member

May 18, 2006
    Mine was similar to 7 or 8....

During my practice I did 6 (best), 5,7,8 (average) 9 (bad)
    Mind you when I wrote nine I didn't think it went poorly... it just oddly got me....

but most verbal i think is fairly representative....
    and if it is much harder it's not the end of the world as it should result in the same score due to scaling....
  5. yaba

yaba 2+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Yeah my aamc 9 verbal went horrible as well, I dont know whats up with that and i heard other people on here talk about it too. My real mcat felt like aamc 8 but I havent gotten my score back so i couldnt really tell you for sure.