Which will be best for my skills : MCAT or DAT or GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hye Guys,

Iam planning to apply for Podiatry school for 2007. I have to take entrance test. now as you all know we have a choice between MCAT or DAT or GRE. Can you plzzz advice me which is the best or in which i can score most. Ok here's my problem. I am very poor Physics. It just scares the hell out of me. I love bio, and organic chemistry and can manage chemistry. Iam also good in english and general quantitaive reasoning (scored a 26 on ACT).

Ok one more question, do all schools accept GRE.

Members don't see this ad.

cool_vkb said:
Hye Guys,

Iam planning to apply for Podiatry school for 2007. I have to take entrance test. now as you all know we have a choice between MCAT or DAT or GRE. Can you plzzz advice me which is the best or in which i can score most. Ok here's my problem. I am very poor Physics. It just scares the hell out of me. I love bio, and organic chemistry and can manage chemistry. Iam also good in english and general quantitaive reasoning (scored a 26 on ACT).

Ok one more question, do all schools accept GRE.

not all schools accept GRE. most do not and any that does I think is based on each circumstance.

the MCAT definitely has physics but almost all the equations are there within the passages.

I do not know what the DAT has on it but I think there is not physics. but remember that not all schools will take the DAT either.

if you take the MCAT you have a shot at any school. if you take the DAT or GRE you are narrowing your options from the start.

krabmas said:
not all schools accept GRE. most do not and any that does I think is based on each circumstance.

the MCAT definitely has physics but almost all the equations are there within the passages.

I do not know what the DAT has on it but I think there is not physics. but remember that not all schools will take the DAT either.

if you take the MCAT you have a shot at any school. if you take the DAT or GRE you are narrowing your options from the start.

I took the DAT and the MCAT and I personally did better on the MCAT. That's not to say my DAT score was poor, but I found that the MCAT is a better measurement of your basic science knowledge. Also, don't sweat the physics. From what I can remember it was one of the easier aspects of the exam.