Which would you choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cetona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gotten a volunteer position at a local hospital, but I have two choices as to where my assignment will be. I can either work in the prosthetics and orthotics department and I would assist in making limbs and casts and other things like that, or I could work in the patient playroom and play with the patients while they wait for their turn to be seen. I probably wouldn't have as much patient interaction in the prosthetics and orthotics department, but it seems like it would be more medically related, so I'm not really sure which one would be better to take. Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Work where you think you will learn the most/have the most fun. Don't just volunteer to get into medical school...volunteer at the place where you will enjoy being! If you like kids...go play with them, hear their stories, find out why they are in the office...if you like making stuff and the technical side of things go to the prostetics lab...