1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

White board...or scratch paper--ROANOKE testing center

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by sakbar, Dec 14, 2008.

1. sakbar

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi!

I'm SO confused about whether I will get a white board or scratch paper and pencil to use during my DAT.....does it vary from test center to test center?

If anyone's taken the test in Roanoke...could they let me know what they had....and I'll just call the center and see for myself...

Also....if I do get a white board....is it going to hinder me A LOT? Or is it something I could adapt to with enough practice?

Thank you so much!

-Sara

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ZenoVT

ZenoVT Power Ranger
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    They'll have whiteboards and markers waiting for you =).

4. Vicviper

Vicviper Steve McAwesome
    Faculty Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I did all my scratch work on paper when I was studying, and then I had to use the whiteboards, they're not that bad at all. Just be sure to cap your markers as they dry out like crazy go nuts. I went through 5 markers, but you do have a spare, and you just raise your hand and the staff will bring you a new one in like 10 seconds if they're good.

Don't worry, it's not that hard to use them. If you want to practice, go to kinko's and laminate a 8 1/2 X 11 piece of orange paper, that's exactly what you get. The person at my testing center said that they're all supposed to be doing the whiteboards (though they're not white) and markers now.

Good luck!

5. chessxwizard

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Call up the center and ask them what sized markers they give out. Practice with those to be comfortable with the writing style of the tip.