White Coat Ceremonies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

I know a number of allopathic schools that do white coat ceremnies..I was wondering whoch osteopathic med schools do this. Anyone info on UNECOM's would be especially appreciated. Thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

NSUCOM has their white coat ceremony on Saturday, August 21st.

ggulick.gif

Michigan State COM has a white coat ceremony.

Members don't see this ad :)
Western U. (former COMP) in CA has one.

UNE's white coat ceremony for this year is scheduled for October 7th.

UHS has a white coating ceremony.

KCOM's "White Coating" ceremony is slated for October 1---->to corrospond with the "Founder's Day" festivities.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

does anyone know whether CCOM has a white-coat ceremony?

Most white coat ceremonies are sponsored by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation, which founded the White Coat ceremony.

You can check their website for which osteopathic schools hold a White Coat ceremony that's sponsored by the foundation, but it seems you have quite a number of responses here already.
smile.gif

Anyway, jsut to throw my hat into the ring, NYCOM has a White Coat ceremony according to a friend who will be attending.

The URL for the Arnold P. Gold Foundation, I believe, is www.humanism-in-medicine.org

Tim of New York City.

UOMHS has a white coat ceremony scheduled for Aug. 21

CCOM has a white coat ceremony. It is held at the end of the second year just before you start your 3rd year rotations.

For those of you who will be members of the Class of 2003 at NYCOM, the White Coat Ceremony takes place on the last day of orientation. It is usually held in the morning and you are allowed to bring a maximum of one guest. However, the Student Affairs Office will provide additional invitations for more guests depending on whether or not they have any invitations left over.

Only ONE guest for the White Coat ceremony at NYCOM? Where is it held that only one person can attend the ceremony?

Tim of New York City.

The reason that NYCOM only allows one guest is because of the size of the auditorium in which the White Coat Ceremony is held. When the size of the class and number of faculty attending the ceremony are taken into account, it works that they have room for only one guest per student. However, sometimes the parents and/or spouses of some students are unable to attend, therefore other students are permitted to bring additional guests.

So you would have to choose between either your mom or dad? That would be a very difficult decision.

The University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC-TCOM) has one every year. And it is extremely well done.

WVSOM's white coat cerimony is Aug. 27.