White Coat Ceremony fail!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

retiredadmin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm the mother of a non-trad first year med student. He almost missed the White Coat ceremony due to flu. It took Advil, Tylenol, and finally old fashioned aspirin (he's over 30) and the hard work of his wife, father and mother to manage his fever. Our friend was on in the ER and ready to get him in. He was very close to going, getting worked up, IV, fever control, and a spinal tap.

The Z-pack probably helped.

Even if there was no White Coat Ceremony, he missed several days of class and study, and of course got behind. Last year he worked as an EMT and had every kind of flu shot possible, but didn't get one yet this year.

So please, get your d*mn flu shots!

Thanks,

Mom

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely would not have gone through that much trouble to make it to my white coat ceremony. I think it's required that all med students (actually just people in health professional school, but whatever) get yearly flu shots as of, like, a month ago...or maybe that's just an Arkansas thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some hospitals are requiring all employees to get vaccinated for the flu. So for some of us, it will be required.

Guys,

I'm the mother of a non-trad first year med student. He almost missed the White Coat ceremony due to flu. It took Advil, Tylenol, and finally old fashioned aspirin (he's over 30) and the hard work of his wife, father and mother to manage his fever. Our friend was on in the ER and ready to get him in. He was very close to going, getting worked up, IV, fever control, and a spinal tap.

The Z-pack probably helped.

Even if there was no White Coat Ceremony, he missed several days of class and study, and of course got behind. Last year he worked as an EMT and had every kind of flu shot possible, but didn't get one yet this year.

So please, get your d*mn flu shots!

Thanks,

Mom

Seriously, the ER and spinal tap for the flu?

Off topic but it's pretty hilarious the excuses patients give in the clinic as to why they are declining the flu shot at this visit:

"I never get sick..."

"My friend got it and almost died..."

"I believe in natural remedies..." <---I had to suppress a chuckle at this one

"I never had one in my life..."

These same pts are the ones that smoke, use tanning booths, weigh 300 lbs, etc....it's pretty funny

very poor trollol attempt. moms do not look at memes all day, and would not say "white ceremony FAIL."

but to humor you, your son did not miss out.

very poor trollol attempt. moms do not look at memes all day, and would not say "white ceremony FAIL."

but to humor you, your son did not miss out.

LoL I noticed that too. I did manage to teach my mom the phrase "haters gonna hate" but it took a very long time.