White coat for San Diego Naval Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manyquestions

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- My husband is starting his internship at the Navy medical center in San Diego and I wanted to get him a white coat with his name on it for graduation. He said they will need to but it themselves, but I wanted to surprise him with it and was wondering if anyone knows if there are specifications or a place I should order it from. Also, do I put his department on it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi- My husband is starting his internship at the Navy medical center in San Diego and I wanted to get him a white coat with his name on it for graduation. He said they will need to but it themselves, but I wanted to surprise him with it and was wondering if anyone knows if there are specifications or a place I should order it from. Also, do I put his department on it? Thanks!

I like the medium weight coats from Aetna shirt in Baltimore (medicalcoats.com). They are really slow (like 8 weeks+) but the coats are durable and if you take them out of the dryer quickly, don't require ironing.

The department thing depends on the department. If he is a medicine, psych, OB or surgical intern and wants to do go on in the same field, its fine to put the specialty. If he wants something else, or isn't sure, I'd recommend just putting his name. Definitely don't put a specialty that he has to reapply to get, people will see that as cocky regardless of his intentions.

I have to second the www.medicalcoats.com reference (I'm a current NMCSD intern). If you buy it before he graduates, he can submit it to HPSP and they will reimburse for it. If you get 2 coats, that saves like ~$200