White Coat Questions (help!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iris11

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little bit confused about what to do. I have to get my white coat embroidered, and I'm unsure about what name to put on it. I've always gone by middle name, not my first name, so I want to put my middle name on there. However, I'm not sure if this is allowed or even suggested. It's a little weird to have people call me my first name since only my father does so.

For example, my name is Jane Ellen Doe. Since I've always gone by Ellen and not Jane, I want to put "Ellen Doe" on my white coat. Is this appropriate or would it be better to put "Jane Ellen Doe" or "Jane E. Doe"

Members don't see this ad.

J. Ellen Doe would work all the way around, it makes it clear what you prefer to go by but causes no confusions about it not being your first name

or just go with Ellen Doe, it's fine

or just ask your school

it's probably more helpful that your badge match your coat, but your badge really matters more, the embroidery isn't that necessary, it almost serves more to help get your coat back to you if you lose it somewhere

most of the time people have so much in their breast pocket you can hardly make out much to go by

Status
Not open for further replies.