white coat

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by APACHE3, Nov 30, 2005.

1. APACHE3

APACHE3 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I start my IM interviews next week. Should I bring my white coat? I think some programs do rounds with applicants. Thanks

2. MD2b06

MD2b06 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Absolutely bring your white coat! And please don't forget your stethoscope and diagnostic kit. I've heard some of the more prestigious programs will only rank those applicants that can correctly point out rare physical findings during rounds! ;)

3. DrNick2006

DrNick2006 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    should I bring my cat to interviews? She doesn't like to be left at home and the residency programs can see how caring I can be. :laugh: :wow:

4. APACHE3

APACHE3 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

The question was that dumb?? ok,ok, I'll bring it, Thanks :D Hmmm? bringing the cat? At least I'll be remembered come rank or DNR day!!

5. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

No Apache....for the love of God, do not bring your white coat. You will be fine in your dress clothes.....

Geez....

6. orientedtoself

orientedtoself resident
    5+ Year Member

I have been to three interviews, and I haven't seen anyone bring their white coat. Are you planning on rounding on the same day as your interview, or a different day? If you're rounding on your interview day, are you planning to take your suit coat off and put on your white coat?

7. DoctorSax

DoctorSax Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh, girlfriend, I'm bringin' it. In fact, it already been BROUGHTED.

Only my long white coat for interview days. I want to see how the patients respond to doctor looking people.

(No malice intended--just a good question that happens to make a funny picture in my little pea brain. Huh huh huh.)

DS

8. DrNick2006

DrNick2006 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    lol no harm intended, just roasting you a bit, hope you're not too offended, if so I appologize

9. Mumpu

Mumpu Burninator, MD
    5+ Year Member

If you bring the white coat, best make sure it has the institution's logo on it to show your commitment to their program.

Seriously though, I very much doubt that you would need a white coat. Show up in shirt and tie and you'll be fine. When in doubt, ask the program coordinator. I've asked all sorts of stupid questions and they've all been exceptionally nice and helpful.

10. APACHE3

APACHE3 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

:laugh: ok, no harm done, the post were pretty funny. Now I'll have a little extra room in my suitcase! GL to all!