APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
I start my IM interviews next week. Should I bring my white coat? I think some programs do rounds with applicants. Thanks

MD2b06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2002
Visit site
Status
Absolutely bring your white coat! And please don't forget your stethoscope and diagnostic kit. I've heard some of the more prestigious programs will only rank those applicants that can correctly point out rare physical findings during rounds! ;)

DrNick2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
should I bring my cat to interviews? She doesn't like to be left at home and the residency programs can see how caring I can be. :laugh: :wow:

About the Ads

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
The question was that dumb?? ok,ok, I'll bring it, Thanks :D Hmmm? bringing the cat? At least I'll be remembered come rank or DNR day!!

orientedtoself

resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2005
Status
I have been to three interviews, and I haven't seen anyone bring their white coat. Are you planning on rounding on the same day as your interview, or a different day? If you're rounding on your interview day, are you planning to take your suit coat off and put on your white coat?

DoctorSax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
The Rock
Status
Resident [Any Field]
orientedtoself said:
I have been to three interviews, and I haven't seen anyone bring their white coat. Are you planning on rounding on the same day as your interview, or a different day? If you're rounding on your interview day, are you planning to take your suit coat off and put on your white coat?
Oh, girlfriend, I'm bringin' it. In fact, it already been BROUGHTED.

Only my long white coat for interview days. I want to see how the patients respond to doctor looking people.

(No malice intended--just a good question that happens to make a funny picture in my little pea brain. Huh huh huh.)

DS

DrNick2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
lol no harm intended, just roasting you a bit, hope you're not too offended, if so I appologize

Mumpu

Burninator, MD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
Status
If you bring the white coat, best make sure it has the institution's logo on it to show your commitment to their program.

Seriously though, I very much doubt that you would need a white coat. Show up in shirt and tie and you'll be fine. When in doubt, ask the program coordinator. I've asked all sorts of stupid questions and they've all been exceptionally nice and helpful.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
:laugh: ok, no harm done, the post were pretty funny. Now I'll have a little extra room in my suitcase! GL to all!

About the Ads