1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

White Coats

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Izlude_Tingel, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Hey all,
    I just had a question about white coats. The one the school gave to us is not quite cutting it out for clinicals. I am looking for one that also has inside pockets. Is there a website where they have good white coats for sell that also fit well? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bewitched1081

bewitched1081 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

just buy one and get it tailored

4. pikachu

pikachu Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

try allheart.com, i have heard they sell one with nice big pockets and you can pick your own size.

5. Why, what's wrong with it?

6. 8744

8744 Guest

Non-Student

It's short. Enough said.

7. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    as far as I can tell, when wearing the white coat we have to wear the one our school gives us along with the nametag and hospital ID.

8. Vincristine

7+ Year Member

What makes the one they give you any different than any other coat? If it has a shoulder patch, I'm sure it can be easily removed and stitched onto a new coat.

I second the recommendation of allheart.com for variety and good prices (although their shipping in steap). But you may want to check out a uniform or medical supply store to try on a couple to get the feeling for what you really want so that when you loook at the descriptions online. I've bought from allheart.com, but knew I was replacing my current coat (with inside pockets).