kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
People love to self segregate, that way they stay in their comfort zones. Plus, it give them numerical power to determine other self segregating groups as racist.

dizzle23x

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
i'm going to the #1 US dental school but i don't know if i can participate and say which one cause i'm not white

About the Ads

in her drawer

Ain't no glory in a war
10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
The City, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
1150068292462.jpg

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)
Thanks. I wonder how long it will take for them to lock this thread. It took them less than a day to lock the last one.

Better yet: I wonder how long it will take for "them" to ban you. It didn't take them long to ban the last one.

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Guys, we've got to cut out these post... This is getting ridiculous!! Is it all about race???!!! HELL NO!!!! We're all going after the same goal!! Let's cut this bull**** out!!!

Predentguy

About the Ads

shuna

To the left,to the left..
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
When I read the title of this thread I was thinking "how low" and when I read the actual thread I confirmed it!! Guys get a life and start being a lil more professionals

kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Is anyone else bashing other race oriented threads, or are they just coming here and being hypocritical?

ilikecows

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
I agree...what in the world. although the title is a little sketchy...why is it that ppl just joan on white ppl and love to criticize them?? there are the most ridiculous threads...eg..."where are persians...where are african americans...where are hispanics...where are vietnamese..." but heaven forbid there is one about white ppl. People in America need to grow up and open their eyes. There are MUCH bigger problems out there than racial problems...eg. Cancer, Aids...

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Most of the real ".........Where you going" threads are started because there are so few minorities in dental school. There are some dental schools out there that don't have any Afro-Americans in them at all. This is the only place were most can meet up and discus this and other situation that are unique to minorities.

B

Blitzdt

I agree...what in the world. although the title is a little sketchy...why is it that ppl just joan on white ppl and love to criticize them?? there are the most ridiculous threads...eg..."where are persians...where are african americans...where are hispanics...where are vietnamese..." but heaven forbid there is one about white ppl. People in America need to grow up and open their eyes. There are MUCH bigger problems out there than racial problems...eg. Cancer, Aids...

What the in the world are you talking about?
bm%20shut%20up.jpg

About the Ads

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Actually, I'm excited I can actually post in one. White girl going to VCU! Kappa... I thought you were Mexican too.

bvf

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student

So true. I have seen so many of these threads and no one seems to mind and as soon as there is one about whites all the arrows come out. It's like there is all this angst against white people and these people are just waiting to pounce on it. Pretty sad really. Small mans syndrome, I assume...

dancedancekj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
If I'm a heterosexual Caucasian male from the United States attending dental school, chances are I'm going to have a pretty good chance of finding people like myself that I can identify with, hang out with, and share every part of me including my sexuality, race, and culture.
If I'm a heterosexual African-American male, there is less of a chance that I will have someone that I can identify with as an African-American. It is not the totality of my experience as a dental student nor will be as a dentist, but there are just some issues that my classmates of other racial backgrounds cannot identify with as well as another African-American.
If I'm a homosexual Middle-Eastern female from Nigeria, I might have a more difficult time adjusting and finding someone who can relate to me at all.

Think of the reverse situation.. would you necessarily feel perfectly fine attending a school where most of the students were homosexual Middle-Eastern females from Nigeria? I know that I'd be intimidated, and would probably be excluded from a lot of conversations and activities. Wouldn't knowing at least someone like myself in my class or profession make the transition a little bit easier?

These are extreme cases, and of course no one is going to necessarily base their decision of where or if to go to dental school on these thoughts. I think the original idea behind these threads is not necessarily to exclude others or toot their own horn, but more for the momentary "There are others like me" thought.

I don't know, I hope this makes sense. I don't really see anything inflammatory about this thread, but understand where the other threads may be coming from.

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So true. I have seen so many of these threads and no one seems to mind and as soon as there is one about whites all the arrows come out. It's like there is all this angst against white people and these people are just waiting to pounce on it. Pretty sad really. Small mans syndrome, I assume...

Maybe, it's becasue this thread was made for the purpose of inciting people.

Zanderale6

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2006
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
If I'm a homosexual Middle-Eastern female from Nigeria, I might have a more difficult time adjusting and finding someone who can relate to me at all.

... You won't have any trouble if you create a super-cool *~*~Homosexual Middle-Eastern Nigerian Females Where You Going?~*~* thread :laugh:

litldime

D2
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Is anyone else bashing other race oriented threads, or are they just coming here and being hypocritical?

i just find it funny and a little interesting how you had a huge problem with the other threads about different ethnicities but still succumbed to creating your own...and you're saying others are hypocrites.... even with yours posted... i have no problem whatsoever with it..

It just seems you're doing it out of making a point to others about their race-related threads but not really in the interest of speaking/ getting to know those of your own ethnicity to get a feel for how many pre-dents there are. Then wonder why threads are being closed.

I also love how the word 'racist' is being thrown around without proper discrimanatory action happenning
interesting, but go on.....
-ld

dizzle23x

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
i just find it funny and a little interesting how you had a huge problem with the other threads about different ethnicities but still succumbed to creating your own...and you're saying others are hypocrites.... even with yours posted... i have no problem whatsoever with it..

It just seems you're doing it out of making a point to others about their race-related threads but not really in the interest of speaking/ getting to know those of your own ethnicity to get a feel for how many pre-dents there are. Then wonder why threads are being closed.

I also love how the word 'racist' is being thrown around without proper discrimanatory action happenning
interesting, but go on.....
-ld

uhhh...that's exactly his point......

kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
There are going to be some intelligent people going to dental school after all. I thought surly that I had made a mistake in going to dschool.

The pupose of this thread is to see if the mods finally removed their heads from their a$$es and realized that this thread is not any different from the others posted about race. I dont know why everyone thinks that it is ridiculous, when obviously there is a double standard against whites.

The purpose of the original thread that I started about white people was to show, albietly ironic, that the other race threads are ridiculous. The mods shut it down in less than a day saying that there was no dental relatedness to the postings while every other race thread was just as non dental related.

PS I am hispanic for all of those that are confused. For some strange reason, I couldnt see the invisible cat......weird.

B

Blitzdt

There are going to be some intelligent people going to dental school after all. I thought surly that I had made a mistake in going to dschool.

The pupose of this thread is to see if the mods finally removed their heads from their a$$es and realized that this thread is not any different from the others posted about race. I dont know why everyone thinks that it is ridiculous, when obviously there is a double standard against whites.

The purpose of the original thread that I started about white people was to show, albietly ironic, that the other race threads are ridiculous. The mods shut it down in less than a day saying that there was no dental relatedness to the postings while every other race thread was just as non dental related.

PS I am hispanic for all of those that are confused. For some strange reason, I couldnt see the invisible cat......weird.

You only see things from the surface. Think a little bit deeper about different social issues. You're not a bad person, you just lack information.

QuackDentist

I'm your ugly duckling.
10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
gosh...you're so boring! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

according to paris hilton (who i happen to heart forever), there is no bigger sin than being boring.

I'm sure she wasn't including major sins... like murder, theft, etc. but yeah... no being boring! hahaha.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)

While I personally don't mind race threads, I agree with you about the "double standard" issue. However, if you do a search on "white race" threads, the majority of them have been sarcastic in nature. I don't think the mods would shut down a "white race" thread if it were of a more serious tone. For instance, take the following past threads regarding "white race":

Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=290277&highlight=white

Resulted in:
"Closing this thread - not because it deals with the topic of whites and scholarships, but the disrespectful nature in which the topic is posed merits such action. The same goes for any thread, regardless of any racial or political themes or undertones."

Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=289135&highlight=white

Resulted in:
"Closing. This thread has become anything but useful to predents."

Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=352486&highlight=white

Resulted in:
"Nothing of value in this thread. Closing."

Notice a trend here? All of these trends were not serious, and therefore, resulted in their closing. Now take a thread dealing with "Italian race":

Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=287741&highlight=white

Resulted in:
still open

While the majority of Italians are white, this thread remains open to this day due to its serious tone.

kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
You only see things from the surface. Think a little bit deeper about different social issues. You're not a bad person, you just lack information.

Enlighten me please oh wise one. I need your guidence so that I dont stay ignorant on such social issues.

kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hispanics where are you opening post:
Following similar threads...I was wondering where all my fellow Hispanics/Latinos are at? Where have you interviewed, been accepted, and where are you going? It's good to know where we're all at in this crazy process

Vietnamese thread opening post:
het just wondering where all of you vietnamese dental students are going. Im going to UCLA

Russians opening post:

kappa505

eres tu que mi odio
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Sea of Ecstacy
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hispanics where are you opening post:
Following similar threads...I was wondering where all my fellow Hispanics/Latinos are at? Where have you interviewed, been accepted, and where are you going? It's good to know where we're all at in this crazy process

Vietnamese thread opening post:
het just wondering where all of you vietnamese dental students are going. Im going to UCLA

Russians opening post:
:thumbup: :love:

African American opening post:
yes i got jealous of the other race specific threads.
just wanted to see how many of us there were, what schools your applying to, and where are you guys located!

I dont see how the opening posts of these race specific threads differs from the one that I started last time. Maybe it was the predents not taking it seriously, oh wait, that was exactly what it was. Being white does not allow you to identify with other white people because somehow that might become misconstrued as being racist.
(I guess I should just be quiet and take my seat in the back of the bus because if your white then that means people cant be racist against you.) the part in parenthesis is sarcastic

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.