White kids.....where are you going.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You only see things from the surface. Think a little bit deeper about different social issues. You're not a bad person, you just lack information.

Let me break it down more simple for you.
There are four people with apples. One person is white, the others are african american, japaneese, and korean.

The african american places their apple on a counter.
Then the guy from japan places his apple on the counter next to the previous one.
The last guy from korea places his apple next to the guys from japan.
Finally the white guy puts his apple on the counter and then a group of people of all races starts throwing rocks at the white guys apple then a guy in a mask walks buy and takes the apple down, then eats it.

In case you dont get it, the race threads are represented by the apples, the guy in the mask is the moderator, and the rock throwers are those that think the white thread does not have just as much right to be started as the other race threads. Only in this story, I am the guy who gets another apple and puts it right back on the counter. I have a whole basket of apples.

Members don't see this ad.

i just find it funny and a little interesting how you had a huge problem with the other threads about different ethnicities but still succumbed to creating your own...and you're saying others are hypocrites.... even with yours posted... i have no problem whatsoever with it..

It just seems you're doing it out of making a point to others about their race-related threads but not really in the interest of speaking/ getting to know those of your own ethnicity to get a feel for how many pre-dents there are. Then wonder why threads are being closed.

I also love how the word 'racist' is being thrown around without proper discrimanatory action happenning
interesting, but go on.....
-ld

Litldime said it best.. maybe you need to read it again kappa.,..!

I dont have any problem with the other race related threads being posted, just the fact that I am not allowed to make one for white people. I thought that was clear. I never said that they should not be allowed to post them did I? Maybe you should read it all again.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you've succeeded at your original intentions, kappa505. Your intentions were most likely to start a thread where you could eventually cry about other race-specific threads because deep down you feel that whites are at some sort of disadvantage (which is an insane thought). By the way, aren't you the same one that posted ******ed things on the hispanics thread? Yes, you are. So, while you're running around trying to say everyone is hating on whites, you don't seem to realize that you've been hating on everyone else.

I dont see how the opening posts of these race specific threads differs from the one that I started last time. Maybe it was the predents not taking it seriously, oh wait, that was exactly what it was. Being white does not allow you to identify with other white people because somehow that might become misconstrued as being racist.

Good observation, I think you hit it on the nail.

Your best argument is using my post saying that hispanics are in southern NM? Good one. That is really hating on other races. The area I live in is called the borderland, and that is not a joke:thumbup:

As for those that think I am crying, I am simply proving a point. Which you all have helped me in doing. So I thank you.

Your best argument is using my post saying that hispanics are in southern NM? Good one. That is really hating on other races.:thumbup:

As for those that think I am crying, I am simply proving a point. Which you all have helped me in doing. So I thank you.

You're welcome. At first I thought you were trolling, but I understand your point regarding white people and double standards. However, whether pre-dents, or anyone for that matter, decide to take "white race" threads seriously is beyond my hands.

You're welcome. At first I thought you were trolling, but I understand your point regarding white people and double standards. However, whether pre-dents, or anyone for that matter, decide to take "white race" threads seriously is beyond my hands.

But then again, isnt it sad that we cant take them seriously? Especially when other races take their threads seriously.

But then again, isnt it sad that we cant take them seriously? Especially when other races take their threads seriously.

That is true: in almost every "white race" thread, the first five-or-so posts are along the lines of "this makes me sick." This, of course, leads to a flame war, which results in a mod shutting everything down.

Like others have already said, the point of race-specific threads are so that many of the students who are going to dental school without others who have gone through the same experiences, can come together and have some dialogue. The reason why people flame on "white only" threads is because you WILL be going to dental school with MANY people who have gone through the same experiences, so people wonder why you make a thread like this. There is reasoning behind the flaming; it's not just a double standard.

Like others have already said, the point of race-specific threads are so that many of the students who are going to dental school without others who have gone through the same experiences, can come together and have some dialogue. The reason why people flame on "white only" threads is because you WILL be going to dental school with MANY people who have gone through the same experiences, so people wonder why you make a thread like this. There is reasoning behind the flaming; it's not just a double standard.

You make good points also, my West Indian friend.

In the end though, if white people want to make a race thread and talk about their experiences in a constructive manner, I have no beef.

I WILL be going to a school with people I have never met before. I dont think that I have seen any dialogue on the other race threads besides "count me in" and "i cant wait to eat at hooters" and the like. Those are very deep posts and let predents learn alot about eachother arent they. This thread has had some dialogue, do you agree?

What do you mean that I will be going to school with so many people who have gone through the same experiences? YOU must mean I will be going to school with a bunch of white kids and that I will have no problem being in my comfort zone. I dont see why it matters. I am taking dental school as an opportunity to get out of my comfort zone (going from being one minority to another) to meet new people. There will be no one like me, or you, or you, or anyone else there. If you choose to self segregate then you miss out on a lot of great people. If there was no one else of your same race at your school, would you not attend?

You make good points also, my West Indian friend.

In the end though, if white people want to make a race thread and talk about their experiences in a constructive manner, I have no beef.

I see no talk about experiences, only me defending my point. When did it become a stigma to be open about being white. In my community, it is common to see cars with mexican flags and stickers that say BROWN PRIDE and no one thinks twice. No one would dare put a WHITE PRIDE sticker on their car, why this fear?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see no talk about experiences, only me defending my point. When did it become a stigma to be open about being white. In my community, it is common to see cars with mexican flags and stickers that say BROWN PRIDE and no one thinks twice. No one would dare put a WHITE PRIDE sticker on their car, why this fear?

Why this fear? LOL. Maybe This. I love those "Pride Not Prejudice" (With the Confederate Flag) bumper stickers we have down here in Texas.

Don't make this into another stupid racial issue. Just tell the people where you are going. I don't really give a shiz if you're black, white, or whatever. Just state where you are heading for dental school. It's simple as that. Damn it. Why do you people make everything so complicated??? :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

you are just trying to make things simple and plain. I see your point.. so you re saying.." why can't white people .... while all the other races can.." right? and you call it double standard...

well.. my friend.. things aren't that simple in the real world. in the US , the main stream in the society consists mainly of white people. and this will continue unless other race surpasses white in the US population( if any, hispanics are most probable).

I don't blame white people( I am asian) for being the main stream and having the most control of this country. We know they are being nice and trying to get us ( the other races) involved in the society(e.g affirmative action and etc). However, it is our natural instinct to self segregate and feel more comfortable with people that look alike and are closer biologically. we can't deny that. and this is the reason why other races get left out even though the main stream is trying to get the minorities more involved and fused into the main society.

therefore, it is ok when a minority group self segregate or places stickers like "proud to be brown" or whatever, because they need to. they need to get together and find the way to escape from this " left out zone"
not in a bad way... but they could focus on higher education or advertisement of their culture so that the main stream gets more familiar to them.

the bottom line is..

putting a sticker like "proud to be hispanic or asian" = ok
putting a sticker like " proud to be white" = excluding the rest which are smaller in amount by far

Everything is relative. you don't apply the same standard to different people who are in different situations.

kappa505, how many people have replied to this thread telling you what school they're going to? Maybe like 3. How many have replied to the other race-specific threads telling what school they're going to? Most likely, at least 85%. The only reason it's not 100% is because they have people coming in there randomly saying ****. If you made a thread entitled "Where are you going?" I'm sure you would get more responses if you're REALLY looking for people to talk with about dental school. For some reason, I feel that you knew this, but decided to make the thread the title you've made it, anyway.

Hey busupshot, yeah, I don't have a problem with white-specific threads either. I'm just saying, if that was what he really intended for this thread to be, then he shouldn't label it essentially "whites only." If he simply made it, "Where are you going?" most of the replies will be from whites anyway.

you are just trying to make things simple and plain. I see your point.. so you re saying.." why can't white people .... while all the other races can.." right? and you call it double standard...

well.. my friend.. things aren't that simple in the real world. in the US , the main stream in the society consists mainly of white people. and this will continue unless other race surpasses white in the US population( if any, hispanics are most probable).

I don't blame white people( I am asian) for being the main stream and having the most control of this country. We know they are being nice and trying to get us ( the other races) involved in the society(e.g affirmative action and etc). However, it is our natural instinct to self segregate and feel more comfortable with people that look alike and are closer biologically. we can't deny that. and this is the reason why other races get left out even though the main stream is trying to get the minorities more involved and fused into the main society.

therefore, it is ok when a minority group self segregate or places stickers like "proud to be brown" or whatever, because they need to. they need to get together and find the way to escape from this " left out zone"
not in a bad way... but they could focus on higher education or advertisement of their culture so that the main stream gets more familiar to them.

the bottom line is..

putting a sticker like "proud to be hispanic or asian" = ok
putting a sticker like " proud to be white" = excluding the rest which are smaller in amount by far

Everything is relative. you don't apply the same standard to different people who are in different situations.

But it is that simple, thank you for perpetuating the race problem in our society.

kappa505, how many people have replied to this thread telling you what school they're going to? Maybe like 3. How many have replied to the other race-specific threads telling what school they're going to? Most likely, at least 85%. The only reason it's not 100% is because they have people coming in there randomly saying ****. If you made a thread entitled "Where are you going?" I'm sure you would get more responses if you're REALLY looking for people to talk with about dental school. For some reason, I feel that you knew this, but decided to make the thread the title you've made it, anyway.

What are you talking about? This entire thread is made up of people like you talking sht. There is no more room for the where are you attending posts because of people like you.

Hey busupshot, yeah, I don't have a problem with white-specific threads either. I'm just saying, if that was what he really intended for this thread to be, then he shouldn't label it essentially "whites only." If he simply made it, "Where are you going?" most of the replies will be from whites anyway.

BullShyt. Why are you posting here then? It is certainly not to tell us where you are going. But I guess it makes sense to come here, argue, then claim that you have no problem with white specific threads.

I understand that most whites have been conditioned by society, parents, schools, to be submisive on racial issues. Why?, no other races are. You can tell this by the reactions on this very thread.

Everyone else could have made a **officail xxxx school** thread, without race also. Funny how no one says anything to them for not doing that.

Well I have two arguments:

1. I see where Kappa is coming from where white people (and everyone else) get pounded in their head day after day after day about how skin color doesn't matter and how everyone has equal rights, so on and so forth. But then we see people displaying pride based on skin color (black pride, brown pride, whatever), and white people based on this idea that everyone has equal rights/freedoms that is so frequently heard about, feel that they should have the right to display pride based on skin color (without getting defamed and labeled a racist). And this is clearly not the case, as seen in this thread. BUT, in comes point 2.

2. Kappa, I think if you labeled your thread "European Americans...where are you going", there would be not as much backlash. Maybe because it has a more direct connotation of associating with people of common geographic lineage, or maybe just because "white pride" has its own stigma that will not go away, that "European American Pride" doesn't have. And also the other threads do not mention skin color in their title, more so they mention national connections like "Koreans..." "African Americans..." "Indians (or Desi whatever that is)..." not "yellow..." "black..." and "brown..."

Now I do not believe that just because the words "white pride" have a stigma attached to them, that any thread suggesting white people may want to post in it should be closed. I don't care if whites are in the majority or not, that is just a plain and simple double standard. But I think if you really want to know where other white European Americans or even Anglo Saxon Christians are going, then those words I just used would be better rather than "white people" due to the ever increasing use of euphemisms.

Well I have two arguments:

1. I see where Kappa is coming from where white people (and everyone else) get pounded in their head day after day after day about how skin color doesn't matter and how everyone has equal rights, so on and so forth. But then we see people displaying pride based on skin color (black pride, brown pride, whatever), and white people based on this idea that everyone has equal rights/freedoms that is so frequently heard about, feel that they should have the right to display pride based on skin color (without getting defamed and labeled a racist). And this is clearly not the case, as seen in this thread. BUT, in comes point 2.

2. Kappa, I think if you labeled your thread "European Americans...where are you going", there would be not as much backlash. Maybe because it has a more direct connotation of associating with people of common geographic lineage, or maybe just because "white pride" has its own stigma that will not go away, that "European American Pride" doesn't have. And also the other threads do not mention skin color in their title, more so they mention national connections like "Koreans..." "African Americans..." "Indians (or Desi whatever that is)..." not "yellow..." "black..." and "brown..."

Now I do not believe that just because the words "white pride" have a stigma attached to them, that any thread suggesting white people may want to post in it should be closed. I don't care if whites are in the majority or not, that is just a plain and simple double standard. But I think if you really want to know where other white European Americans or even Anglo Saxon Christians are going, then those words I just used would be better rather than "white people" due to the ever increasing use of euphemisms.

You raise some good points, but as the hispanic thread was sort of the catch all "race" for anyone that spoke spanish (puertoricans, ect), the white thread is the catch all "race" for anyone that has white skin. Besides, it was yellow, black and brown, now there are just different names for them. PC names.

So would it be ok for me to put a "proud to be white" sticker on my car if I lived in Africa and I was the minority.

What if I put a sticker on my car that said "proud to be half Irish, half German"? Is that a small enough segment of the population warrant some pride? I mean there's got to be more hispanic people in this country than half Irish half Germans right?

BTW, I haven't gotten in anywhere yet, but still hoping!

Dont quit trying until you are dead.

BullShyt. Why are you posting here then? It is certainly not to tell us where you are going. But I guess it makes sense to come here, argue, then claim that you have no problem with white specific threads.

I understand that most whites have been conditioned by society, parents, schools, to be submisive on racial issues. Why?, no other races are. You can tell this by the reactions on this very thread.

Everyone else could have made a **officail xxxx school** thread, without race also. Funny how no one says anything to them for not doing that.

Sigh. The only reason I even responded to this thread was because I saw that you were trying to dismiss other race-specific threads. I would repeat what I just said about the need for minority race-specific threads, but apparently it's something that you cannot or refuse to grasp. I really do not know what you're talking about when you say other race-specific threads don't talk about anything; maybe you haven't really looked. I've personally helped out many pre-dents with answers to their questions, publicly and privately. The answer to the other why question has already been answered by Revelde. And with that, I shall reply no more.

26602224_240x240_Front.jpg

Sigh. The only reason I even responded to this thread was because I saw that you were trying to dismiss other race-specific threads. I would repeat what I just said about the need for minority race-specific threads, but apparently it's something that you cannot or refuse to grasp. I really do not know what you're talking about when you say other race-specific threads don't talk about anything; maybe you haven't really looked. I've personally helped out many pre-dents with answers to their questions, publicly and privately. The answer to the other why question has already been answered by Revelde. And with that, I shall reply no more.

I am not dismissing other race specific threads, but rather defending the right of the white thread to also exist. Why is this hard for you to understand?

You raise some good points, but as the hispanic thread was sort of the catch all "race" for anyone that spoke spanish (puertoricans, ect), the white thread is the catch all "race" for anyone that has white skin. Besides, it was yellow, black and brown, now there are just different names for them. PC names.

Agreed, but whether we like it or not PC is here to stay and its getting more intense. I can remember in my (short) lifetime when "black people" was an acceptable term when referring to African Americans...that is not so much the case anymore. Not that its not needed in some cases, but other times the euphemisms get a little to extreme in my opinion.

I just looked to humor you. You were right, there was tons of predental information that was very informative. Maybe you should go look again. You need to grasp the concept of equality on all levels. This thread has a right to be here, even if simpletons like yourselt cannot see that. I am also very sad that you dont want to post in here anymore, believe it or not, I enjoy others points of view, even if they are off base.

Agreed, but whether we like it or not PC is here to stay and its getting more intense. I can remember in my (short) lifetime when "black people" was an acceptable term when referring to African Americans...that is not so much the case anymore. Not that its not needed in some cases, but other times the euphemisms get a little to extreme in my opinion.

I agree somewhat.

I'm Asian. I'm going to Pacific. I'm not racist. I don't think this thread is racist. I think we should all live in peace. And I'm not a hippie...I shower.

I'm Asian. I'm going to Pacific. I'm not racist. I don't think this thread is racist. I think we should all live in peace. And I'm not a hippie...I shower.

The world needs more people like yourself. Congrats on Pacific by the way.

I'm white and I'm going to the only school that accepted me, Oklahoma.

I'm white and I'm going to the only school that accepted me, Oklahoma.

I heard that they had a pretty nice facility to exercise in. Is it true that they have a pool for the d students?

I don't care about all this racial stuff, but this white kid is going to Pacific.

I was once a counselor at a camp where we had a culture show. The Indians, Asians, Jews, and Africans had a relatively easy time presenting their traditional dances, food, clothing, etc. because those traditions were still passed down through the generations (and some were FOB). But the white American group had all sorts of problems. First of all, none of them had a single ancestral heritage because they were all mixes of English, Irish, German, Swedish, etc. Those that did know their ancestral heritage didn't know much about those cultures because they were 5 or more generations removed. They finally decided to focus on the commonalities that they share today, but they discovered that their clothing, slang, sports interests, musical tastes, etc. varied greatly depending on the state or region where they were raised. Even then, they just presented the stereotypes despite the fact that most of them didn't fit into those molds.

My point is, some white people are confused about who they are and where they fit in.

I was once a counselor at a camp where we had a culture show. The Indians, Asians, Jews, and Africans had a relatively easy time presenting their traditional dances, food, clothing, etc. because those traditions were still passed down through the generations (and some were FOB). But the white American group had all sorts of problems. First of all, none of them had a single ancestral heritage because they were all mixes of English, Irish, German, Swedish, etc. Those that did know their ancestral heritage didn't know much about those cultures because they were 5 or more generations removed. They finally decided to focus on the commonalities that they share today, but they discovered that their clothing, slang, sports interests, musical tastes, etc. varied greatly depending on the state or region where they were raised. Even then, they just presented the stereotypes despite the fact that most of them didn't fit into those molds.

My point is, some white people are confused about who they are and where they fit in.

When you say Africans, did you mean African-Americans? If you meant Afro-Americans, I'm pretty sure we have a major heritage disconnect to.

When you say Africans, did you mean African-Americans? If you meant Afro-Americans, I'm pretty sure we have a major heritage disconnect to.

No, there were Africans.

And yes, I can see how African-Americans would feel a similar disconnect.

haha kappa.....you like to talk about this issue too much