White Medical Association

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014MD

How would it look to have a White Medical Association (WMA)? or Men's medical association (MMA)

just curious?

or associations are for minorities?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
i predict a thread-closing and/or ban and/or red lettering of your name in the very near future.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess if it's open to everyone, then it should be okay? I would rephrase the names though. lol.

maybe he's just speaking from experience :p

I guess if it's open to everyone, then it should be okay? I would rephrase the names though. lol.

of course open to everyone.

but why change names? there is BMA and I think there is Women's Association as well?

of course open to everyone.

but why change names? there is BMA and I think there is Women's Association as well?

Historically it's been more difficult for blacks and women to get into medical school, so it was okay to create organizations to help them through the process. Whites, men, and especially white men generally had an easier time.

However, now that this is changing, you could be one of the first people to found such a society. I don't have a problem with it, but I would bet you would see a backlash or at least some resistance at your school if you were to try and set one up.

Historically it's been more difficult for blacks and women to get into medical school, so it was okay to create organizations to help them through the process. Whites, men, and especially white men generally had an easier time.

However, now that this is changing, you could be one of the first people to found such a society. I don't have a problem with it, but I would bet you would see a backlash or at least some resistance at your school if you were to try and set one up.

yes, historically it was hard for them. But it's weird and racist that there would be a backlash, IMO.

What would be the mission statement of this association?

What would be the mission statement of this association?

If it's to organize solidarity among white men, it REALLY isn't going to fly. I believe that's been tried before.

How would it look to have a White Medical Association (WMA)? or Men's medical association (MMA)

just curious?

or associations are for minorities?

It seems like you're trolling. You know the responses you're going to get:

How would the WMA look? It would look like you might also be in the Klan.

Members don't see this ad :)
White is the default culture in this country. So, there is no need for a "white association" for anything. Minorities and ethnic groups have been marginalized and discriminated against my whites for hundreds of years, so any minority association would be beneficial to help counteract the historical marginalization and discrimination. If a "white" association was formed at this point in time, it would be considered racist. If whites had not been historically racist, then maybe this wouldn't be a problem.

it shouldn't cause discourse if you are not a racist.

I'll join. :smuggrin:

Sure as **** wouldn't let any med school know about it. But i'd join.

White is the default culture in this country. So, there is no need for a "white association" for anything. Minorities and ethnic groups have been marginalized and discriminated against my whites for hundreds of years, so any minority association would be beneficial to help counteract the historical marginalization and discrimination. If a "white" association was formed at this point in time, it would be considered racist. If whites had not been historically racist, then maybe this wouldn't be a problem.

WOW I'm IMPRESSED! GREAT ANSWER. Spares me the effort.

When the playing field becomes truly "level", the goals of these minority organizations will have been met, and they will no longer be necessary. But as things stand, the dominant culture continues to place "white males" as the standard Americans/citizens in media (powerful outlet), etc. When was the last time you saw a lead Asian/black/Hispanic male/female in movies minus the horrible stereotypes? Why are there so few minority groups in the upper echelons of health-care administration and the like? And we all know the stigma on black and Hispanic doctors...

I believe that's been tried before.
It has, there was an uproar a few years back when some group started a mens association(not a medical one I think it was another type of professional school).

To those talking about "white culture" I'm not sure if white qualifies as a culture:confused:

Last edited:
It has, there was an uproar a few years back when some group started a mens association.

To those talking about "white culture" I'm not sure if white qualifies as a culture:confused:

Seriously. Although I don't think it would cause a huge fuss if you created a men's group specific to a cultural heritage like "Italian-American Men's Medical Association" or something like that.

This thread reminds me of a joke.
Q: Why did one white man hire another white man over a more qualified black candidate?
A: To compensate for all the years of reverse racism his people have suffered.

Anyway OP, there is a White Man Association. It is called the Republican Party.

Why does jackie chan never get the girl

Because he's too busy fighting bad guys?

I guess you haven't seen this movie.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcGmJWwdqI[/YOUTUBE]

White people will probably be a minority in 2050 like how it is in California.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1110177520080212

We already have a black POTUS and a Hispanic Supreme Court Justice just recently confirmed. How many more years of affirmative action do we really need? Did it already serve its purpose?

The term minority isn't just based on numbers. It's based on sociological concept of who has more power. For example Apartheid in South African. There were more black people by the numbers, but the white people still ruled and had power.

Although blacks/hispanics will outnumber whites by the year 2050 I highly doubt that whites will be considered minorities as I'm pretty sure they'll still have most of the power in this country. Even though we do have a black president, there are still so many areas in which whites "rule"

The term minority isn't just based on numbers. It's based on sociological concept of who has more power. For example Apartheid in South African. There were more black people by the numbers, but the white people still ruled and had power.

Although blacks/hispanics will outnumber whites by the year 2050 I highly doubt that whites will be considered minorities as I'm pretty sure they'll still have most of the power in this country. Even though we do have a black president, there are still so many areas in which whites "rule"

Where do Asians rule other than in academia, sciences, engineering, and dry cleaning?

There aren't too many Asians in government. They're underrepresented in government, where it really matters. Should that be a call for affirmative action?

Where do we draw the line? Shouldn't relying strictly on merit be the simplest solution?

Anyway OP, there is a White Man Association. It is called the Republican Party.

So the party of the unachievers (read: poor) and communists is the Democratic Party?

What if the NFL shaved 0.1-0.4 seconds from asians' 40 times?
Asian touchdowns are worth more because asians are underrepresented.

So the party of the unachievers (read: poor) and communists is the Democratic Party?

Oh please. Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?!

lmao this thread is absolutely hilarious.

I think the ruling is, as long as you call it what whites are called on all the forms ("Caucasian, Non-Hispanic") and allow anyone to participate and utilize its resources equally, it is not racist. It may be off-color, but not racist.

The CNHMA, "Caucasian, Non-Hispanic Medical Association" lol

:smack:

Where do we draw the line? Shouldn't relying strictly on merit be the simplest solution?

Yes, but that's just crazy. I think there would be too many whites and asians in medicine, exactly what we're trying to prevent.

Last edited:

I think this thread is silly, but I thought I'd point out that "white" is not a culture. There are many people within that particular classification that don't necessarily identify with the predominant "American" cultural values. European nations have different cultures and languages that are not equivalent to what we have going on here and many people continue to immigrate to the US to this day.

When a middle class pre-med student who skips an exam and asks you for answers to the exam says that he doesn't have to study much to get into med school b/c he is URM, there is something wrong with the system. I almost never saw that guy in a library. He did not get into med school in US, he went to study medicine abroad. But How some of you think the stigma appeared in the first place?

I have nothing against AA and actually in favor of it for those who work hard but have limited opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.