White Medical Association

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the relative lack of african american doctors is made up for by the fact that once a patient goes black..

Members don't see this ad.

well it would be unconstitutional to not allow such a group and racist too.

well it would be unconstitutional to not allow such a group and racist too.

I totally agree. When will someone stand up for this group?

When I consider the plight of the white American male, I look the great philosopher B. Folds:

Let me tell y'all what it's like
Being male, middle-class and white
It's a bitch, if you don't believe
Listen up to my new CD

Please click here for the rest of the sermon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LYSzTscGc#t=29s

Members don't see this ad :)
great idea, but you are a few generations too late... the last great white [male] med association was called the AMA but i guess their title wasn't specific enough and things have changed in medicine in terms of diversity. explicitly stating white medical association will probably get the job done this time.

but in all seriousness, i see nothing wrong with this... i guess white docs need to talk about all the pressing medical issues facing white people only.. :D

I totally agree. When will someone stand up for this group?

Is that what every medical association is about?

What are the other organizations for, are they pissed about their URM status?

the relative lack of african american doctors is made up for by the fact that once a patient goes black..

lmao thats hilarious ^

As far as me joining this so called White Men's Medical Association thing, I'm middle-eastern but viewed as a caucasian by the medical schools. So am I allowed to join? What about the fact that my race is the reason the real White Men's Association i.e. the republican party decided to go to war and waste a couple hundred billion dollars and several thousand innocent lives? I'm in quite the conundrum here aren't I? I'd join though, us white folk need to stick together now-a-days before the liberal propoganda media destroys our moral foundation and everything this country was built upon!!!!!!!! Take that minority job-stealing... people. (Their people too?)

lmao thats hilarious ^

As far as me joining this so called White Men's Medical Association thing, I'm middle-eastern but viewed as a caucasian by the medical schools. So am I allowed to join? What about the fact that my race is the reason the real White Men's Association i.e. the republican party decided to go to war and waste a couple hundred billion dollars and several thousand innocent lives? I'm in quite the conundrum here aren't I? I'd join though, us white folk need to stick together now-a-days before the liberal propoganda media destroys our moral foundation and everything this country was built upon!!!!!!!! Take that minority job-stealing... people. (Their people too?)

Not to quibble, but it's a couple trillion dollars and several hundred thousand lives.

Despite your ...er... condition as an arabian, you may still be allowed to join the GOP. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? Have you accepted Ronald Reagen as your lord and savior? Has Sarah Palin ever made sense to you? If your answers are yes, you're in good shape!

I'm not actually white or asian so it doesn't affect me as much, but I really think this whole URM deal with medical school is working against blacks and hispanics. I mean I can't even tell you how many times I've heard people say something along the lines of "oh well he just got in because he's URM." Personally, if I was black or hispanic, I'd be pretty pissed if I got a 3.9/40, got into an IVY, and could tell everyone around me was thinking "URM."

Yes, some people are disadvantaged, but shouldn't that be from an economic standpoint and not a racial one? I personally think a dirt poor white guy deserves AA more than a middle class black or hispanic guy.

Last edited:
lmao thats hilarious ^

Oh God I agree with that so much. Why don't they just have a different box for us to check? The ME has a population of what, around half a billion? and we STILL don't get our own box? lammmeee.

I mean if we're actually going by anthropology and not just some arbitrary seperation of peoples, then shouldn't the only boxes be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(classification_of_human_beings)#20th_century

I'm not saying we're URM at all, just that it's kind of annoying.

Not to quibble, but it's a couple trillion dollars and several hundred thousand lives.

Despite your ...er... condition as an arabian, you may still be allowed to join the GOP. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? Have you accepted Ronald Reagen as your lord and savior? Has Sarah Palin ever made sense to you? If your answers are yes, you're in good shape!

Sarah Palin making sense? I wouldn't know every time she talks I'm distracted by her largely over-rated attractive looks and don't want to listen to anything she says. Then following any one of her speeches I go online and try to find "Whose nailing Palin?" and then manage to fall short and realize I'm too lazy to actually purchase it.

Hopefully one day my children may be allowed to be in the GOP. As for now I'll stick to my arabian politics, if you can't bomb em then join em!

Sarah Palin making sense? I wouldn't know every time she talks I'm distracted by her largely over-rated attractive looks and don't want to listen to anything she says. Then following any one of her speeches I go online and try to find "Whose nailing Palin?" and then manage to fall short and realize I'm too lazy to actually purchase it.

Hopefully one day my children may be allowed to be in the GOP. As for now I'll stick to my arabian politics, if you can't bomb em then join em!

Uhh...torrents.
jk I don't do that stuff
<_<
>_>

Uhh...torrents.
jk I don't do that stuff
<_<
>_>

Lmao, I tried that and it always ended up being a corrupt file, however it definitely worked for my Erin Andrews video... back to the subject, yeah white power!

How would it look to have a White Medical Association (WMA)? or Men's medical association (MMA)

just curious?

or associations are for minorities?

As one post has so eloquently put it, there is already this "white medical association" in place, just under another alias.

White people will probably be a minority in 2050 like how it is in California.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1110177520080212

We already have a black POTUS and a Hispanic Supreme Court Justice just recently confirmed. How many more years of affirmative action do we really need? Did it already serve its purpose?

LoL, seriously? so this makes up for the many years minority groups were discriminated against and could have possibly had many more faces in these positions and dozen others.......?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
How would it look to have a White Medical Association (WMA)? or Men's medical association (MMA)

just curious?

I always laugh internally at these type of general responses before ROFLMAO...:rofl::rofl::lol::lol: over the hilarious absurdity of it all.

I just wonder if, in your mind, you thought you were really asking a "deep" question meant to influence people to "think" or if you were just simply being a jackass!

For some reason I can live with it being the latter....but if your intentions were more in line with the former then...OMFG you are dumb!

Where do Asians rule other than in academia, sciences, engineering, and dry cleaning?

There aren't too many Asians in government. They're underrepresented in government, where it really matters. Should that be a call for affirmative action?

Where do we draw the line? Shouldn't relying strictly on merit be the simplest solution?

You are right...it should...BUT IT NEVER HAS BEEN even when minorities were prevented from being part of upward social mobility equation.

So the party of the unachievers (read: poor) and communists is the Democratic Party?

:laugh::thumbdown:

Sean...is that you?...Sean Hannity?...I did not realize you posted on SDN!:smuggrin:

When a middle class pre-med student who skips an exam and asks you for answers to the exam says that he doesn't have to study much to get into med school b/c he is URM, there is something wrong with the system. I almost never saw that guy in a library. He did not get into med school in US, he went to study medicine abroad. But How some of you think the stigma appeared in the first place?

I have nothing against AA and actually in favor of it for those who work hard but have limited opportunities.

you know I expressed the same concern when an east coast boarding school school bred yuppie just simply relied on daddy to write a check and contact friends in high places to get him what he wanted...including admission to medical school down at the UF.

Do you see the fallacy in using single instances to justify your reasoning?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

just curious?

It would look like you are a racist schmuck who can't see past the end of his own nose, is how it would look. In fact, the question itself made you look like that already.

From an Anthropological perspective, the "white" "ethnic" group came into existence as a result of colonialism, just as "Black" and "Hispanic" became collective terms for different groups of people who were colonized by this new "white" group. In the process, many of these peoples were robbed of their identities. In an effort to self identify, and re-define ourselves, many of us formed groups. To form an association under the "white" banner would be to honor a history of subjugation--namely because "whiteness" only exists in this context. To create a French or British or Irish club would be different. These clubs wouldn't be associated with colonial history.

Riceman04, did you ever, you know, consider lumping all of your thoughts into one post?:rolleyes:

As for the OP's proposition, creating a representative group for the majority is, well, ridiculous, to say the least; it just serves to perpetuate the system already in place.

Now, I'm not one for anecdotal evidence, but I would be interested to hear of any stories where the URM who was let in "unfairly" wound up not being able to hack it in medical school. After all, the argument is that the somehow "less deserving" URM took a spot that someone else who was "more deserving" (with a seemingly heavy emphasis placed on the now-oppressed middle-class white male) should have filled, right?

Riceman04, did you ever, you know, consider lumping all of your thoughts into one post?:rolleyes:

As for the OP's proposition, creating a representative group for the majority is, well, ridiculous, to say the least; it just serves to perpetuate the system already in place.

Now, I'm not one for anecdotal evidence, but I would be interested to hear of any stories where the URM who was let in "unfairly" wound up not being able to hack it in medical school. After all, the argument is that the somehow "less deserving" URM took a spot that someone else who was "more deserving" (with a seemingly heavy emphasis placed on the now-oppressed middle-class white male) should have filled, right?

hahahahahaha...I'm in lazy mode before school starts

maybe next time :p

White is the default culture in this country. So, there is no need for a "white association" for anything. Minorities and ethnic groups have been marginalized and discriminated against my whites for hundreds of years, so any minority association would be beneficial to help counteract the historical marginalization and discrimination. If a "white" association was formed at this point in time, it would be considered racist. If whites had not been historically racist, then maybe this wouldn't be a problem.

Oh please, then all ethnic associations are inherently "racist" as they marginalize all of those included and those external of it and act as a boundary to social integration. Not all "whites" are the same either. Maybe we forgot the hoops the Irish had to go through when they first came to America, or how there's very few politicians with non-Anglo surnames, or even the blatant discrimination and derogratory remarks towards Slavs and other Eastern Europeans.

Its one thing to have associations for social networking and for keeping your culture alive, or for increasing social awareness. Its a complete other situation to use it as an exclusive organization which promotes self-marginalization. There once were, and there still are hardships with certain racial/ethnic groups, and a means to rectify that situation and increase acceptance, understanding, and integration are necessary. However, in this quest for multi-culturalism, we seemed to lost our way and are more intent on developing discrete parts which don't want to interact with one another rather than a sum of the parts to benefit the whole of society.

The only thing I have to say here is: Why segregate when you don't have to??? I mean I understand it when minorities create associations in order to encourage each other and promote more individuals of that background into the field. But when there is no identified gap, then I don't think it should be necessary, for in the latter instance, the reason turns into segregation for the heck of it. Now, if people want to create an association based on background for social/cultural reasons such as to recreationnally unite those from a certain nation/culture, than that's another story but the purpose of the very first statement in this thread didn't sound like that to me.

Peace and Love y'all ... In the words of a wise man: "Let's get together and feel alright"

Mel:luck:

Historically speaking: Historically, Christians discriminated against non-christians and yet I believe there are plenty of Christians associations, fellowships in the U.S. and I am sure non-christians see nothing wrong with it.

Also, I think there is an African-American Athletic Association. But I don't care, if I would I would called a racist.

Again, I'm not against any association, but I can't get those who are so opposed to the WMA idea. It's not like it would be founded to discriminate against others.

Honestly, those who are so opposed to it are not any better than those whites ( I'm sure there were) who opposed the establishment of the BMA etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a middle class pre-med student who skips an exam and asks you for answers to the exam says that he doesn't have to study much to get into med school b/c he is URM, there is something wrong with the system. I almost never saw that guy in a library. He did not get into med school in US, he went to study medicine abroad. But How some of you think the stigma appeared in the first place?

I have nothing against AA and actually in favor of it for those who work hard but have limited opportunities.

I think your anecdote actually proves the opposite point. He DIDN'T get in. Everyone I've met who got into good schools worked for it. AA doesn't get people in who don't work, or at least that is not what it is designed to do.

As to your original post - you still haven't answered what the purpose of these orgs would be. The minority and women's med asscs have specific goals wrt mentorship etc. People are more likely to mentor/support people like them, and those people are easier to find if you are a white male. You don't need a group when you run the system.

Lmao, I tried that and it always ended up being a corrupt file, however it definitely worked for my Erin Andrews video... back to the subject, yeah white power!

Well I've got good news and bad news, Aladin.

Good news is, I can tell you "Who's Nailin Palin". If you don't want me to spoil the ending, skip to the next paragraph now...Multiple people are 'nailin Palin', both male and female, including Hillary Clinton and Condi Rice look-a-likes. Frankly though, I am more interested in who's nailin her hot daughter (the older one, I don't want to wind up like Letterman), and that I won't reveal.

Bad news is, you're familiarity with things such as torrents and the internets, shows that you accept science and technology. Alas, this is unacceptable for a Republican. Global warming is a lie.

just curious?

Don't both of those already exist in the AAMC?

I think your anecdote actually proves the opposite point. He DIDN'T get in. Everyone I've met who got into good schools worked for it. AA doesn't get people in who don't work, or at least that is not what it is designed to do.

As to your original post - you still haven't answered what the purpose of these orgs would be. The minority and women's med asscs have specific goals wrt mentorship etc. People are more likely to mentor/support people like them, and those people are easier to find if you are a white male. You don't need a group when you run the system.

Anecdote ?:laugh: like you haven't met this kind of people who think this way. No he didn't get in b/c he did nothing, but he did get an idea from somewhere that b/c he is URM there would be a green light. There is a reason that even some URMs believe that they don't have to work hard and those members of URM who do work hard with GPA 3.9 and Mcat of 33 sometimes have to carry the stigma.
I want to see you being his patient :eek:

The purpose of the WMA can be to promote an atmosphere of fellowship and social support amont its members. Do you have a problem with it?

haha I smell some tension on this thread... I'm tempted to dive in myself, but I think I'll just sit and watch this one out :smuggrin:

Oh please, then all ethnic associations are inherently "racist" as they marginalize all of those included and those external of it and act as a boundary to social integration. Not all "whites" are the same either. Maybe we forgot the hoops the Irish had to go through when they first came to America, or how there's very few politicians with non-Anglo surnames, or even the blatant discrimination and derogratory remarks towards Slavs and other Eastern Europeans.

Its one thing to have associations for social networking and for keeping your culture alive, or for increasing social awareness. Its a complete other situation to use it as an exclusive organization which promotes self-marginalization. There once were, and there still are hardships with certain racial/ethnic groups, and a means to rectify that situation and increase acceptance, understanding, and integration are necessary. However, in this quest for multi-culturalism, we seemed to lost our way and are more intent on developing discrete parts which don't want to interact with one another rather than a sum of the parts to benefit the whole of society.

hear hear!

There is a reason that even some URMs believe that they don't have to work hard and those members of URM who do work hard with GPA 3.9 and Mcat of 33 sometimes have to carry the stigma.

I live in CA, where there is only Bush-style affirmative action (see Prop 209) and people STILL assume I got in because of my race...so give me a break.

I feel sorry for any minority patients you attend...if you make it through medical school....with all those URM medical school students running around

Anecdote ?:laugh: like you haven't met this kind of people who think this way. No he didn't get in b/c he did nothing, but he did get an idea from somewhere that b/c he is URM there would be a green light. There is a reason that even some URMs believe that they don't have to work hard and those members of URM who do work hard with GPA 3.9 and Mcat of 33 sometimes have to carry the stigma.
I want to see you being his patient :eek:

The purpose of the WMA can be to promote an atmosphere of fellowship and social support amont its members. Do you have a problem with it?

It would be unconstitutional to prevent such a club from forming; however, do you understand why the creation of such a club would rightfully so lead people to question the motive for forming it? While we, as a country, have made unprecedented progress in race relations, you CANNOT ignore the past b/c race still plays a role in practically EVERY facet of society.

Furthermore, I think you are ignoring a point that has been reiterated time and time again: since caucasians are still seen as the epitome of dominance in America, it would be pointless (and almost a slap in the face) to create an organization with such a title that would purportedly provide "an atmosphere of fellowship and social support among its members" b/c it is understood that that already occurs with ease without identifying a group with those goals.

I live in CA, where there is only Bush-style affirmative action (see Prop 209) and people STILL assume I got in because of my race...so give me a break.

I feel sorry for any minority patients you attend...if you make it through medical school....with all those URM medical school students running around

Did you even get what I said in my post? I said that those URM who study hard sometimes *unfairly* believed by some to be those who got into med school b/c of the URM status.

What would my URM patients and my URM classmats have to do with anything I wrote? Most of my friends are UMRs. It sounds like you're accusing me of being a racist?

It would be unconstitutional to prevent such a club from forming; however, do you understand why the creation of such a club would rightfully so lead people to question the motive for forming it? While we, as a country, have made unprecedented progress in race relations, you CANNOT ignore the past b/c race still plays a role in practically EVERY facet of society.

Furthermore, I think you are ignoring a point that has been reiterated time and time again: since caucasians are still seen as the epitome of dominance in America, it would be pointless (and almost a slap in the face) to create an organization with such a title that would purportedly provide "an atmosphere of fellowship and social support among its members" b/c it is understood that that already occurs with ease without identifying a group with those goals.

Christians are epitome of dominance in America, I see noone protesting Christian associations. and in the past Christians discrimintated against non-christians or Catholics against Protestants and yet there is Catholic Medical Association.

Did you even get what I said in my post? I said that those URM who study hard sometimes *unfairly* believed by some to be those who got into med school b/c of the URM status.

What would my URM patients and my URM classmats have to do with anything I wrote? Most of my friends are UMRs. It sounds like you're accusing me of being a racist?

Christians are epitome of dominance in America, I see noone protesting Christian associations.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh gawd!!!!! Since you insist on attempting to use that inappropriate anaology, how about we take the time to dismantle it.

Consider these questions:

Can ANYONE become Christian? What are the guiding principles behind Christianity? How have people (on focus on America since that is the basis for your our discussion) viewed Christianity in recent history (meaning go back to the 1930's)?

Ask yourself the same questions but substitute "white" or "caucasian"?

Those two themes are mutually exclusive and cannot be appropriately analogized within the frame of this discussion.

Most of my friends are UMRs. It sounds like you're accusing me of being a racist?
Your anecdotal URM friends...
Will they be allowed to participate in your WMA?

Guys, just chill.

No one cares to hear your views of another political party and the religious state of any particular country. That includes those with whom you are arguing. You are talking to a brick wall...

But I am likely doing the same.

Guys, just chill.

No one cares to hear your views of another political party and the religious state of any particular country. That includes those with whom you are arguing. You are talking to a brick wall...

But I am likely doing the same.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd what makes you think I am expressing my views soley to ensure YOU and anyone else not currently involved in this discussion sees them?

Sorry, but the last time I checked the world did not revolve around any of you mo fo's! :thumbdown:...

I mean b/c if it does please let me know now so I can address you guys as dignitaries and nominate you to have you and your avatars be the face of currency....b/c you see...if that happens then I will know your opinion actually matters:smuggrin:

Don't act like your .... does not stink!

Last edited:
The only reason people (and as I understood mainly URM) are against an idea of WMA is that they still think they are discriminated in the process, for example, of gaining an admission to med school. Which I find ludicrous especially with all those recruitings by ad coms and scholarships. Honestly, if one is an URM and have decent grades/scores an admission is easy (I see nothing wroing with it), but I do see something wrong 1)when URM still believe that they are discriminated against when trying to get into med school and 2) believe that WMA would somehow negatively affect them.

you know I expressed the same concern when an east coast boarding school school bred yuppie just simply relied on daddy to write a check and contact friends in high places to get him what he wanted...including admission to medical school down at the UF.

Do you see the fallacy in using single instances to justify your reasoning?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

UF COM definitely has some issues it needs to work on.

Last edited:
The only reason people (and as I understood mainly URM) are against an idea of WMA is that they still think they are discriminated in the process, for example, of gaining an admission to med school. Which I find ludicrous especially with all those recruitings by ad coms and scholarships. Honestly, if one is an URM and have decent grades/scores an admission is easy (I see nothing wroing with it), but I do see something wrong when URM still believe that they are discriminated against when trying to get into med school and believe that WMA would somehow negatively affect them.

:laugh::roflcopter::lol::rofl:

Ok I am officially done! OMG....ahhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahaha :laugh::laugh::laugh: me duele el estomago

Senoras y Senores, he encontrado la persona lo mas estupido en el mundo. Senor Hannity ha sido destronado por 2014MD.

:smuggrin::laugh:

su regalo es este:
muscle-man-fail.jpg

Last edited:
ricewoman : vete a la mierda para que su cerebro le hará daño

Por que no aprendas espanol antes de hablar? Lo que acabas de hacer es confirmar el punto que rice estaba tratando de hacer.

Last edited:
Puedo hablar más idiomas que usted puede contar

I have one favor to ask of you:

put on your AMCAS that you are fluent in Spanish...so I can hope you have an interviewer who speaks to you entirely in Spanish....COMEDYYYYY waiting to happen :laugh:

I have one favor to ask of you:

put on your AMCAS that you are fluent in Spanish...so I can hope you have an interviewer who speaks to you entirely in Spanish....COMEDYYYYY waiting to happen :laugh:

Rice: Why doesn't he just put that statement on his AMCAS?

"Puedo hablar más idiomas que usted puede contar"

In the words of the late Chris Farley, "KILL WHITEY!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.