White Medical Association

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahaha...I'm done...now that I know how you think (the latter of the two options I initially expressed in my first post on this thread) I am resigning.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Riceman04, did you ever, you know, consider lumping all of your thoughts into one post?:rolleyes:

As for the OP's proposition, creating a representative group for the majority is, well, ridiculous, to say the least; it just serves to perpetuate the system already in place.

Now, I'm not one for anecdotal evidence, but I would be interested to hear of any stories where the URM who was let in "unfairly" wound up not being able to hack it in medical school. After all, the argument is that the somehow "less deserving" URM took a spot that someone else who was "more deserving" (with a seemingly heavy emphasis placed on the now-oppressed middle-class white male) should have filled, right?

If a more qualified person was held out to let a less qualified person in, then the more qualified person was screwed. No matter what color they are.

Just choose people based on merit, everything will be fair.

Members don't see this ad :)
Next time you put "URM" on your application think why you do it. Definitely not get discriminated against :laugh:

The only reason people (and as I understood mainly URM) are against an idea of WMA is that they still think they are discriminated in the process, for example, of gaining an admission to med school. Which I find ludicrous especially with all those recruitings by ad coms and scholarships. Honestly, if one is an URM and have decent grades/scores an admission is easy (I see nothing wroing with it), but I do see something wrong 1)when URM still believe that they are discriminated against when trying to get into med school and 2) believe that WMA would somehow negatively affect them.

I think everyone knows admissions are quite easy if you have even average stats and you're a URM. I'd love to be able to check the URM box.

I think everyone knows admissions are quite easy if you have even average stats and you're a URM. I'd love to be able to check the URM box.

Like I said there is nothing wrong with it, but the spilled BS in opposition of the WMA that would be open to everyone shows who is racist these days.

There's no White Medical Association because only white people are capable of racism. In fact, white people are inherently racist and so too would a White Medical Association be racist.

Case in point: Al Sharpton. If he did what he did as a white man, he would be racist. But because we know he is not a white man, he cannot be racist. QED anything he does, no matter how racist it appears, is not done for racist reasons.

There's no White Medical Association because only white people are capable of racism. In fact, white people are inherently racist and so too would a White Medical Association be racist.

Case in point: Al Sharpton. If he did what he did as a white man, he would be racist. But because we know he is not a white man, he cannot be racist. QED anything he does, no matter how racist it appears, is not done for racist reasons.

:lol::laugh::lol: Did you skip your genetics course?

it's because people like you racism still exists. hey, talk to ricewoman, she was looking for a replacement for herself as the dumbest person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
1_facepalm.jpg

:lol::laugh::lol: Did you skip your genetics course?
it's because people like you racism still exists. hey, talk to ricewoman, she was looking for a replacement for herself as the dumbest person.

Have you ever seen a racist black person? How about a racist hispanic person?

You haven't because they don't exist.

Edited to add: since you keep adding to your post - did you ride the short bus to school today?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet... lol

I do love the use of the blue laughing smiley, that guy's hilarious! Does he get URM status or are blue people over-represented?

you can't be serious :lol: all that blacks and hispanics do in california is hate each other.

Yeah, because California is headed by a white man. A white Austrian man, I might add. A white Austrian Republican man, in fact. He's fomenting hate and causing non-racist minorities to become angry and the only outlet they have is to rebel against the white man's racism by killing eachother.

Yeah, because California is headed by a white man. A white Austrian man, I might add. A white Austrian Republican man, in fact. He's fomenting hate and causing non-racist minorities to become angry and the only outlet they have is to rebel against the white man's racism by killing eachother.

You are a case in point: how did you become a medical student.....oh oh don't answer, I know. :rolleyes:

So racism in cali appeared about what 5 yrs ago?

"inherently racist" :lol: hey put that on your app for residency.

You are a case in point: how did you become a medical student.....oh oh don't answer, I know. :rolleyes:

"inherently racist" :lol: hey put that on your PS for residency.

You seem a bit slow. Put this experience in your PS for med school and see if the directors take pity on you.:idea: I'll stop teasing the pre-med kiddies in this crap-thread now.

"inherently racist" :lol: hey put that on your app for residency.

you are extremely dense. my guess is you're from alabama. actually, i apologize to all of alabama for saying that. who knows what planet this kid dropped out of.

1) Minority groups can't be racists, only prejudiced, as racism confers some exertion of power over people of other groups...and we all know which group of people in this nation hold an overwhelming majority of power (A: White males)

2) Do people forget that in every area, Affirmative Action supports white females more so than any other group??? (I see some referred to AA in their arguments)

3) Affirmative Action does not equal the purpose of URM status. The two are not the same!

4) I whole-heartedly believe that in an ideal world, admissions would be based solely on merit. However, this nation is far from ideal. In order to truly make all things equal, our great nation would need to start by reforming our nation's school systems. If you truly wanted to make things equal and fair (which you probably don't once you realize what that entails) we should abolish all forms of private schooling, making all educational institutions public, having the same quality of teaching and resources. Follow that by abolishing SAT, ACT, MCAT prep courses and just make their books available for free at public libraries. Atop this, you should also ensure that everyone's getting appropriate health care coverage (starting with pre-natal care)... you get my drift? There are numerous variables factoring into a person's performance in school at any level, most of which are influenced on some level by racism (good read: Racism without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in the United States...explains how even if there were no racist or prejudiced people in the US, the structure of our country would still exert a great bias).

5) Some of you are extremely misguided. For those that think applying with average stats as a URM = easy acceptance, what world are you living in??? For one, a significantly larger percentage of URM applicants are disadvantaged, thus skewing stats for non-disadvantaged URMs. I would love to see the stats of such applicants. Speaking from personal experience as a URM re-applicant with average stats (and above average URM states), who knows 4 other URM re-applicants from her Top 10 school, I can attest that this is anything but a walk in the park. I know disadvantaged URMs from my school that got in last year with much lower stats and few activities, as well as a few that had extremely high scores and activities...for some reason, none of the middle people made it...

I could keep going, but, simply put, you aren't worth it.

This thread has obviously outlived its usefulness. SDN does not tolerated insults, and this threads is full of them. Therefore, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.